NORTHERN POWERHOUSE franchise opportunities (more Northern meets)

Dave_Q

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following locations would you attend for an AS meet?

• Northern Manchester - Bury/Rochdale/Prestwich/M60 etc
    • I live in Truro/Cromer/Stranraer - why aren't there more meets near me
    • Leedsish - Birstall/South Leeds/M62 type area
    • Wakeyish - Castleford/Xscape?
    • Remember that one time some people went go-karting in Warrington? Lets do that.
    • Other, please state in thread

Hi people.

In the NORTHERN POWERHOUSE thread a few people have suggested that Glossop isn't the most convenient place for everyone and we should meet somewhere else or something.

The 6 or so of us that go there regularly are likely to keep doing so, so I am offering EXCLUSIVE Northern Powerhouse franchises for other meets in/around the M62 corridor.

Basically, vote using the above there boxes as to which of the suggested locations you might turn up to, or if you know anywhere else good to meet please suggest and I will add it, if there is sufficient interest for an idea or location we can start organizing.

There are many excellent independent pubs serving fine ale and good home-cooked food all at a reasonable price. There is the White House on Blackstone Edge which I will put forward - ample parking, good reasonably priced food, interesting country roads over the tops to put the cars through their paces &c &c.

winter_view_from_white_house_widescreen.

Organise it, and they will come...

;)

I did, and they did.  April 2013, as a one-off, but if there's interest I'm happy to set up the same meet again.  That's at the Chill'n'Grill cafe, Ulverston; easy to get at on the A5087 Coast Road.  Not open in winter though.

Rochdale, Blackstone edge... give me a bit of a challenge.

Have it at the Summit Pub Littleborough, just having an extension built for dining. I can walk there.

Think I'll do Glossop now my vehicle has 12 months MOT.

So you are saying you'd prefer to drive 26 miles rather than 3 miles?

So you are saying you'd prefer to drive 26 miles rather than 3 miles?

I can cover 26 miles in the Cadillac for little more than the cost of going 3, especially if there's some good dual carriageway/motorway involved.  On the short trips (like my commute to work) the engine doesn't really get up to temp, but get it out on the open road and cruise at 65-ish and it almost sips.  That distance would get me to Kendal or so, which might be accessible for Lancashire Shiters.