Wheel alignment equipment £100 Blackburn

ShiteRider

The workshops are all getting re-roofed so we need to make as much room as possible, hence this is for sale.

Not been used for ten years but was in working condition, though as the tat thread shows, that means fuck all.

It's an HPA Unilux 4003hl, and comes as seen in the photos ie; not data books, but google/ebay is your friend here.

Located bb24ba.

I have got one of these as well and I don't think I have used it in the last 10 years either. It is a bit of a faff setting it up so I just use a 1960's gauge that you run the car over.

We've had a john bean laser system for years, but still have the old 60's dunlop guages for stuff that won't fit on the four poster.

Presumably like a Gunson's Trakrite; you run the wheel over a swivelly plate and an attached pointer tells you what the tracking is doing.  

I've got one - they're good for cars where you can get to the tracking adjustment easily (e.g. Land Rover), but tiresome on those where you can't, hence me coughing up £44 to have it done yesterday after the MOT man espied my nsf tyre and declared it a danger to all.  

One advantage is that the Trakrite compensates for worn bushes and so on because the car is moving when the measurement is done, which a fancy laser thing won't.  

I once tried making an tracking gauge out of copper plumbing pipe with a captive nut one end and a U-bend type arrangement in the middle to clear the sump.  Waste of time that was,