1991 Volvo 440 GLT Automatic

purplebargeken

This is not mine (wish it was). It is being sold by a lovely lady called Diana who lives 5 minutes from 7 Sisters tube station in North London.

The car is a 2 owner from new car, Diana's father was the first owner. It has done a tad over 33,500 miles and has a virtually brand new MOT.

I went to view it:

The car itself is fantastic in white and is in very good condition overall. I was hugely impressed! 

The bodywork is very straight with only a few small areas that would require attention. There are marks on the top of both front wheel arches which have dings and surface rusting. There is also a small bleb under the rear pillar window and surface rusty patches on the rear arches but nothing horrible. None of these should cause any stress and a weekend (at most) would be enough to deal with the minor blemishes. 

The car would benefit from a bloody good session with a clay bar and a good quality polish and then it really would gleam! Oh, the rear bumper corner (O/S) looks like it would need reattaching properly, or a new clip fitting perhaps.

Everything appears to work on the car, the car has a brand new MOT. I think that a tyre would benefit from replacement at some point (I think that was mentioned as an advisory).

The interior of the car is stunning! The headlining is lovely with no sagging or staining. No leaks from the electric sunroof.

No issues with the seat material. Everything was lovely and solid, no rattles or squeaks.

In fact the only things that I could pick up was some slight discolouration on the heater knobs and a slight peeling patch on one of the minor instrument backgrounds (literally a teeny amount). The car has the original blue point stereo/cassette.

The engine bay was dusty but this would respond very well to a bit of detailing if that was your thing.

There is a slight weeping from the rocker cover gasket but no biggie.

The car drove very well indeed, no clunks or anything. There is a great clump of receipts and so on for the car.

Diana spoke about the cars history and how the car had been in the family from new. She has a wonderful emotional attachment for the car and selling it is actually quite difficult for her. I understand that totally. 

Diana has another Volvo waiting in the wings (a 740 estate I believe). 

With a small amount of work this could be an absolutely stunning car and one that would not look out of place at shows up and down the country.

I would have taken some pics but my camera memory card is looking at me from my computer desk. This is not the first time I have done that. Sigh.

Diana is looking for £500 for the car, she would take less ;)

It really is a lovely thing. PM me if you has interest and I will pass on her number. 

Link for some piccies: http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=255936