50cc Moped T&G

UltraWomble

Lights work, runs reasonably well would suggest a service would help. He said it flattened it's battery ina  few hours but it's been fine since the brand new's been on it. It took a few goes to start, sounded well when it did but (and bear in mind I'm seventeen stone plus and about 6ft 3) it felt like it needed to be a bit quicker on the uptake, that based on a 50 yard run anyhow. It also tickovered then stalled a couple of times but light revs hold it ok. I've only got the right hand side of the V5 but both keys, and the plastics are snapped in two places, plus there's sure to be a couple of other daft things with it. 

Ps Blackpool one hour on the nail if you welly it in a car, not sure how long to Preston. It'll go in the back of a small van ok so a C8 shouldn't represent a problem should it come to it. He said, hopefully.

I'd be all over this if not in welsh Wales.

Something a bit closer to home for Sir?

s-l1600.jpg

A brace of top quality TGB mopeds, loaded with optional extras like V5 documents, currently standing at £6.11 with less than 3.5 hours to go. I reckon you could easily make one good one from that lot.

I'd likely have a punt on these myself were it not for the fact that the BX is still away having the clutch done, which is probably for the best really...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TJ-B-Scooters-50-Cc-/162251089726

Something a bit closer to home for Sir?

s-l1600.jpg

A brace of top quality TGB mopeds, loaded with optional extras like V5 documents, currently standing at £6.11 with less than 3.5 hours to go. I reckon you could easily make one good one from that lot.

I'd likely have a punt on these myself were it not for the fact that the BX is still away having the clutch done, which is probably for the best really...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TJ-B-Scooters-50-Cc-/162251089726

Ooft, nice find, those Golden Bees have gone right in my watch list. Derisory bid in 1 hour 17 min: Guaranteed.

Lucky this is miles from me!

And conveniently local for me. Despite the obvious supply of parts in the pictures, I think you'll still beat me to the road/field with the Elyseo if I should win.

Yes it was me, I would have gone a bit higher than that so happy at £32.

Here's another one that popped up as a related item, ending soon, although at £13.50 already it might be a bit expensive.

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pulse-50cc-scooter/272423762663?_trksid=p5411.c100167.m2940&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140131123730%26meid%3D1ef21e292bc443c991d5b98d28711807%26pid%3D100167%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D162251089726

• 1 month later...

How are you getting on with the £32 thing DaveQ?

I've had it turning over but not starting, one of the starter motor bolt holes has a snapped off bolt in it. 

I need to drill out the bolt and helicoil it, I'm gonna helicoil the other hole as well while I'm there as I think it's had the wrong size bolt cross threaded in there or something,

I actually have the right size helicoil kit but the holes are recessed under the engine so I need some longer drill bits, also it's cold in the garage so I'm indoors faffing with pushbikes for now. 

TL;DR - minimal progress, back burner because cold.

SGX50s are decent, once upon a time I worked as a battle rider for a national pizza concern.

They were just in the process of retiring the SGX50s and going over to wanky fuel injected Peugeots (Looxor or something).

The Peugeots were dismal, as low as 20mph up a hill and needed about a mile run up to achieve 30. The Hondas were better built and did 32mph up or down hill, even with me and several peoples dinner on. They got there pretty quick too.

Recommended.

• 3 weeks later...

Any of these pedal things could have the plates taken off and be used by children or drunk people here; by an interesting loophole, any motorcycle with the alternative power of pedals is exempt from the road traffic act

Now I want one :)

Edited to add: I'm a long way from a child so maybe closer to the second exemption

• 2 months later...

This isn't technically a 50, but it looks like it belongs in this thread of horrors. 

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2014-XINGYUE-XY150ZK-spares-or-repairs-/222417858239?hash=item33c9232ebf:g:IGYAAOSwB-1YrWR0

In other news, does anyone fancy my £32 moped shaped jigsaw? It keeps slipping down my to-do list and I'm unlikely to do anything with it anytime soon.

post-17573-0-46140400-1488233951_thumb.jpg

post-17573-0-96790800-1488233978_thumb.jpg

post-17573-0-69000600-1488234006_thumb.jpg

post-17573-0-86966400-1488234031_thumb.jpg

There's a second frame as well, not pictured, have V5s for both frames. 

I'd like to say there is almost certainly everything you need to build one full bike, but what that actually means is there is about 3 full sets of plastics for some reason, and only 1 set of clocks which are damaged, and probably other stuff missing.

Price: £33 so I can tell myself I've made a profit.