Crimble Twingo suprise

nigel bickle

Ok, so some of you may recall I bought a nice blue mk1 Twingo from an august member here- and loved it.

Sadly it got torched, with my 25, at home by local scrotes, but I had decided I'd have another.

A mate down in the Dordogne kept a weather eye for me, and found a very early (93) model in good condition. I bought it, he ran it until such time as we could meet up, and it's now mine

post-758-0-34104300-1475255013_thumb.jpeg

post-758-0-70839900-1475255116_thumb.jpeg

I hadn't intended tokeep it in the Uk, but SWMBO seems to love it.

So I've sorted the ( obligatory) welding, sorted the fog light, beams etc, given it a good service and passed an MOT. Paperwork is now with Doovla for them to louse up.

Got me thinking though. SWMBO will only drive yellow cars .( yes, really) so I decided to suprise her with a yellow Twingo for Crimble. Needs a big sunroof, pref an early one so the switchgear is yellow etc etc etc.

Found one, finally

post-758-0-01795600-1475255336_thumb.jpeg

post-758-0-83937700-1475255352_thumb.jpeg

Ok, it's yellow. It's not roadlegal, and the Owner has been nicked for using it without CT - virtually unheard of here.

According to the French fail sheet, It needs brakes ball joints, suspension the ( obligatory) welding-& allsorts of bits/ pieces but it's yellow, full length roof, and some of the switchgear is yellow. I've time to find some more.

So, it's close by, in Lille, and I need to go get, without being spotted, either by the Feds,or the boss.

I've booked a Eurostar ticket from Ashford, for 11th, the owners picking me up from the station 90 mins later, and I'm then legging it to the Belgium border, just up the road

post-758-0-64554200-1475255669_thumb.jpeg

If I don't get collared by one of these ( and I suspect this is a high profile motor!). I'm back up to the Channel, then uk bound via the tunnel - home before her, hopefully.

I can hide it in the garage at home whilst I legalise it in time for Crimble, and a big Yellow bow!

What could possibly go wrong?

Stanky.

.3 are 4 X 100, one 4 x95.3 - or whatever Bec is.

One hot melted in my Twingo Fire, and although rebuild able, it seemed easier to use a spare. I just knocked out the centre p, which is do lined in, making it 4x100. Bolt hole is small, so I used tuner bolts.

That help?

Station, agreed- but not for long. Most early are now dying, being cast aside - there will be few left, shortly.

Early prices are still falling, but the good ones are firming up. Be quick, if you want one...

and the Owner has been nicked for using it without CT - virtually unheard of here.

Is he "of Middle Eastern appearance" ? Half of rural France own cars without CTs don't they?

Seriously, always fancied one of these, where is it they need welding? Something comes to mind about a corner of the floor.

Chap on the blue makes them to order.

Any car, colour, size, font etc. Helpful, not expensive ( but I do buy several at a time) and quick. Recommended.. And

It was destined for its predecessor, before it got torched.

I usually colour natch..

Oh dear, now im having thoughts about RIALTO on the back of the Reliant  :mrgreen:

Twingos are great little things. I really want one but need to keep it in Belgium which is easier said than done. MA_Sterling got offered a test drive in one of these in the early 90s when we were in Belgium. Of course FATHA_Sterling took the drive as Ma wasn't confident about LHD cars. I've been a passenger in one once as a kid but that's it.