Delivering pizza in shite, wcpgw?

reb

When we bought our first house in 2006, I used to do Saturday nights on the pizzas. Weapon of choice was either my mk4 2.0 cortina with a 5 speed 'box, or the wife's 3 year old punto. Could do the whole nights fuel just on tips in the punto, the Tina not a chance. Used to draw pissed up old boys into the shop though so the boss was happy

It's a very well known chain, and not actually a board game, so I'd like to think they value their reputation more than that. It will be checked though.

There seems to be some doubt about the big chains. I can't quote for the board game but the pizza shed was a mirror of your existing insurance. If you were fully comp with your insurer you were fully comp with the shed.

Only had 1 driver have an accident in my time and the shed insurance did its job perfectly.

DO NOT confuse it with doing deliveries for the local takeaway where it's down to the driver to have business insurance. You'll not get paid (potentially) as much but as long as your cars legal you'll be fine.

Business use

Courier use

Fast food delivery

Hire or reward

All businesses, but 4 different things when it comes to insurers. I used to be a motorcycle despatch rider. I was correctly insured and it subject to a 200% loading. Some other van drivers in the game used to declare themselves builders or gardens and have business use (cheaply) on their policies, but not the correct cover.

Whilst you may be RTA covered working for "Big Old Man's Pub Game Co", bear in mind the limitations of that cover such as "Occasional Business Use insurance for you while you are on duty (third party only)" So if it's your fault your own insurer is going to tell you where to go if you were delivering at the time - hence why it's probably better to run around in a pre-dented Micra.

Unfortunately no pre dented micra, can only use the company car if you're over 21, and mopeds need CBT/motorbike licence

I suppose it's a good indicator that I've become a boring old bastard tbh - 15 years ago when I was just about driving I used to knock about with lads and they all did deliveries for local pizza places and stuff - they'd be driving round aimlessly all night anyway so the pizzas paid for the petrol and it was always interesting - There was always some other lads delivering for other places you could have a crack with and stuff, I remember a lad with a yellow mk1 fiesta who took the springs out and used a stack of old rotoflex couplings instead, but he'd always end up having to walk the last 500 yards if there was speed bumps.

But now all I can think of is getting pulled over and bummed for incorrect insurance. 

It's a fucking desperate situation when you are delivering pizzas. Isn't it something like £1 a drop? Knock off fuel, insurance etc what are you left with. Look at who you are working for, how many Italians do you see running pizza shops.

Hourly wage, paid per delivery plus tips. Insurance paid for by the company. Not as bad as you make out, depending on who you're working for.

The big chains, certainly the shed and the number tile game at least, do have real insurance and pay minimum wage plus around 80p-£2 per delivery depending where you are and how tight the franchisee is.

Yep, number tile is minimum wage hourly plus a per delivery payment. This particular franchise it's 80p in town and £1.40 out of town. Definitely not brilliant by any stretch, but worth it to be earning money rather than spending it.

If it was my only income it'd be pretty grim, but as a secondary income and an escape from sitting at home doing bugger all it's quite reasonable. Plus, someone needs to do it.

Tried my hand at this once in a 306 dturbo. Unfortunately my first night's work coincided with one of the worst hangovers of my life, I had no sat nav and my knowledge of the area is just moved to (headingley) was not fit for purpose. Never went back for another shift. If I'd not been such an idiot it probably would have been a pleasant enough way to make some extra money. Something like a 106 diesel running on veg would turn a decent profit on the delivery/fuel money. Just get a second key so you can leave it running outside houses and still lock it, to keep it warm.

Something like a 106 diesel running on veg would turn a decent profit on the delivery/fuel money.

The 205 should do a fairly good job of that even running on dino juice, whether that includes wear and tear I'm not sure. I'll start my first shift on a full tank and fill up again at the end of the night to get an idea for costs.

Pugsley and I seem to have got a job delivering round bread for a well known board game, mostly as something to do with my otherwise wasted evenings. My main concern is convincing the french electrics to power the light up roof sign.

Will this be the death of us? Stay tuned!

Tabletop game surely ?

Sent from my X17 using Tapatalk

I used to be a taxi driver and we would pick up takeway for a flat fee from the Chinese/Indian if it wasn't flat-out busy. Sometimes better to earn a little when it's quiet rather than sat doing FA on the rank.

Best one was one summer early evening, I went up the council estate with a delivery to a four-in-a-block and the sat people outside in the sun claimed the Chinese takeway and paid the monies. Later I was asked over the radio if I delivered said grub as the order hadn't arrived... :D :D :D I have to hand to the neighbours, they had some neck claiming some random order.

207f61a6ff4f146a1559e912745fbec8.jpg

This was my car of choice for pizza delivery, did dominos until I discovered more money could be made at my local takeaway's. I had business cover but it was for something else, the proper insurance cost shit loads so I just put my job as a welder and got business use with that.

On one occasion I got stopped by the traffic police who checked out my insurance. They seemed to be happy with my level of business cover and sent me on my way.

Sent from my 5022X using Tapatalk

Did Dominos Pizza nearly 10 years ago because I was skint. Didn't have a car so ' borrowed ' my mums N reg Ford Fiesta MK4 1.3 LX. [Cheers Mum :-D ]Was an ok job but at times certain people seamed to get first dibs on the better paid per mile jobs as we weren't mates with the boss so after getting my hours reduced more and more I jacked it in.

Would do it again though if I had too as the odd free pizza was a bonus at Dominos prices! 

I did my first shift last night, the car behaved itself, and proved very capable indeed. I wish streets were actually numbered properly though. And that the printer didn't chop off the first digit of the address. All in all a reasonably enjoyable way to make a bit of extra money.

Don't think the jump leads on the back seat inspire confidence, but if I didn't have them, I'd definitely need them.

I did my first shift last night, the car behaved itself, and proved very capable indeed. I wish streets were actually numbered properly though. And that the printer didn't chop off the first digit of the address. All in all a reasonably enjoyable way to make a bit of extra money.

Don't think the jump leads on the back seat inspire confidence, but if I didn't have them, I'd definitely need them.

I've done a delivery job for a few years (not hot food). Other things you will find - 40% of all doorbells don't work; estates may have themed street names but there's always one that isn't anywhere near the estate you thought it should be on; there's always somewhere where Rose Gardens is off Rose Crescent which is off Rose Avenue, off Rose Lane.

I've done a delivery job for a few years (not hot food). Other things you will find - 40% of all doorbells don't work; estates may have themed street names but there's always one that isn't anywhere near the estate you thought it should be on; there's always somewhere where Rose Gardens is off Rose Crescent which is off Rose Avenue, off Rose Lane.

My particular favourite was the estate where the signs telling you where the various numbers are were only visible going one way along, and Google maps was adamant that this particular address was on the main thoroughfare, rather than the culdesac halfway back along where it actually was

You just described Tamworth.

• 7 months later...

RE the thread title, a lot can go wrong.

Nobody has said "why don't you just buy a newer car?" for a while though, which is nice. Probably because none of my car's various issues has caused more than a day of not being at work.

Any time anyone else has problems that's inevetably them off for the remainder of the week. Conclusion, the best car for delivering pizza in is an early mk4 golf.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Our franchise provides the appropriate insurance, it applies to any car owned or loaned to an employee, along with another policy for company owned vehicles. This proved useful when my starter packed in, I borrowed a managers corsa for the last hour of a shift. Slower than the polo was, and that's saying something.

I deliver food on a bicycle - no insurance necessary.

Deliveroo app gives directions so that's not an issue but the amount of people that can't properly write an address is staggering.

The number of people who put their adress as something near (or not so near) where they are and write the instructions as "It's actually..." is staggering.

Our system has also decided that the student flats along the road are actually 8 miles away in the middle of nowhere.

I did the curry delivery thing on Ma_Sterling's Micra years ago. They are great cars for delivery. I was stunned recently to see newish BMW Mini Coopers, Fiesta RSs being used as delivery vehicles.

I remember seeing a MK1 Rover 827 that was advertised as having been used as a delivery vehicle but the owner found something better. I did use my MK1 827Si to help out at some local curry houses when I was bored/wanted to see a mate who was doing deliveries.