MGF for sale details page 2

Robson3022

Crushing a mint condition MGF! Such a waste but it is probably down to the insurance company writing it off for a damaged door lock due to the cars low value, nevermind whether it can be safely and easily sorted. Another reason for high insurance premiums and another early model lost - Grrr.

Back on track I have to say that looks like a really nice example and it's great to see a fellow MGF owner enjoying their car. The market value of these may be at rock bottom right now but the fun to be had behind the wheel is priceless and for the sake of a few hundred quid every shitter should take the opportunity of some topless mid - engined fun.

The market value of these may be at rock bottom right now but the fun to be had behind the wheel is priceless and for the sake of a few hundred quid every shitter should take the opportunity of some topless mid - engined fun.

Are they rock bottom still? I'm getting paranoid these are already going up in value. Granted they aren't mega money yet and I don't think the ship had sailed yet. But I think the rope tethering the ship to the dock is being unwound ready for the off!

Do these qualify for classic insurance despite most of them being under 20 years old?

Boring but satisfying update.

I did the first job I've been threatening on this. Was more to remove than I wanted but got there in the end. Thought It had every chance of not fixing my washer jets and it being the pump but I was wrong! Its fixeded it!!!!!!!!!!!! Next up a coolant change I think.  

post-20204-0-94136400-1479725602_thumb.jpgpost-20204-0-58568800-1479725613_thumb.jpg

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooo

post-20204-0-96306100-1479725620_thumb.jpg

We have one in work identical to that,but a really early one on a N. It's mint, but had been "stolen" tried my best to get it somehow, but no. It's off to be crushed. Not relevant to your thread, but just makes me sad. Great wee cars.

Police type recovery and it's been run on fake plates with a damaged VIN by any chance? Been there done that, couldn't even remove unnoticeable parts - actually I don't think stuff was depolluted either just straight in as frag :(

There's a slim chance if you can work out it's original identity they may change there tune when the insurance co get involved

• 3 months later...

So MOT time tomorrow then this trusty little MGF will be up for sale. Still needs a few little jobs cosmetically and still hasn't had the coolant change I have been threatening forever.

Has been ever reliable starts first time every time and has never overheated while I've owned it. Ill do a full advert once its tested but if anyone is interested I'm after something bigger and Saabish but could be tempted by almost anything.  

So MOT time tomorrow then this trusty little MGF will be up for sale. Still needs a few little jobs cosmetically and still hasn't had the coolant change I have been threatening forever.

Has been ever reliable starts first time every time and has never overheated while I've owned it. Ill do a full advert once its tested but if anyone is interested I'm after something bigger and Saabish but could be tempted by almost anything.

My brother in law has an X plate Saab 9-5 aero in silver, with around 7 months mot. He wants to sell it so he can buy an MGF or TF. I'm not sure what he values the Saab at, but he's actively looking to move it on. Interested in some sort of deal? I'd imagine he'd want some dollar slinging his way, if your a F is a bit scruffy and doesn't have any upgraded head gasket paperwork? If so, pm your number and I'll ping it to him. I may be way off the mark here, but just thinking aloud.

• 3 weeks later...

Sooooo was looking at selling the MGF and possibly buying another shitters Sharan from here. That was until my brother rang me up to say I could have his car!! Excellent a 320d touring which is perfect for my needs!

So the panic over getting the MGF MOT'd and sold went on the back burner a little.

However I thought I'd offer it here for shitters with a few options!!

It has had an updated head gasket and ss coolant pipes.

The car itself has 10100 miles, starts, drives and stops as it should. Laquer has peeled from the bonnet and has some rust coming through the rear air intakes and some other small areas. Car has never overheated in my ownership but during the winter it has been reading cold so think it needs a new thermostat and would definitely benefit from a coolant change. When I was using it towards the back of the summer it got up to temp great and never moved. Heaters work but only on fan speed 4. Roof and rear window are in good condition and don't leak. If the winds blowing the wrong way some water does come in in the usual MGF place. I've driven this all winter and had nothing other than a few drops in my leg 2 or 3 times. Passenger window is a bit defective and the speakers are blown (all typical MGF problems)

Ive had a good look under it and the only thing I think it will need is possibly a drivers side bottom arm.

I'd genuinely drive this car anywhere in the country.

So there are a few purchasing options if anyone's interested.

Take the car as is for £250

Take it once MOT'd for £350

Take it MOT'd with a better bonnet £400

Take it MOT'd with better bonnet, coolant change thermostat and service for £500

As I've been given a new car ideally I'd like someone to take it as is but I'll be as flexible as I can! It's going in Monday for MOT so if anyone wants it at £250 I need to know before then. It's at my work so there's no rush to pick it up.

post-20204-0-17812900-1489831454_thumb.jpg