MGF for sale details page 2

Robson3022

Soooo I would have done a collection thread but it was 4 miles away so didn't really seem worth it!!

I've been looking for something to put on a classic policy. The criteria were it had to be big enough for a German shepherd, a Jack Russel, golf clubs, footy gear and a kyack. I found I could get a pre 2001 Saab 9-5 Aero on a classic policy!!! Ideal I've had them before and there excellent. I've spent a couple of weeks searching to no avail so widen my search to any sort of Saab pre 2001.

The result....

Ok so it's completely unsuitable but I've driven it 4 miles home and already love it!!! It's got a few niggles that I will enevatbly ask about here. But what better time to buy a convertible!

For hair cuts and water heating I'm now your man!!!

post-20204-0-62311000-1474709283_thumb.jpg

I'm on the look out for another one of these,i enjoyed the last one hopfully a better one will come along the last one was mechanically sorted.It was just a shame the body and roof let it down and i was told the alarm kept going off.Fun car

Great little cars to drive, unless it's icy out there, but I have had a few and as long as I am still allowed to drive I will never be without one. They are comfortable enough to use daily or for long hauls, practical for what it is and are currently the best value imaginable. So much fun that at current prices I would recommend to anyone.

So been using this for a couple of days and have started to find its "quirks"

Passenger window has dropped at the front so it goes down but needs help coming up.

Light stalk is "floppy" so needs a replacement.

I'm struggling to connect the linkages for the passenger side wiper

Radio is all treble so think the speakers may have gone

Drives pretty well although needs the tracking doing. Tappets are pretty noisy but from what I've read it's pretty Normal?

Service is top of the list though!!!

Other than that I love it!!! Would like a hard top etc but want to get everything sorted before I spend any money on things like that.

Will be taking it to scaryoldcortina at some point for either the bits or to get the work done!!!

Here have some pics

post-20204-0-68306000-1474917881_thumb.jpeg

post-20204-0-78101900-1474917893_thumb.jpeg

Window dropping is one of those "they all do that sir" things, at least they don't fall off entirely (like a golf).

Engine shouldn't be tappety, they are normally quite quiet once you allow for it being right behind your head.

hard tops seem to go for more than the car it attaches to!

Window will just need adjusting and lubricant to get it performing well.

Tappety engine will no doubt be sorted when you service it.

Speakers will definitely be fubar.

Wiper mech should just pop back on.

Don't bother with a hardtop, I'm on three forums and they come up for sale on there but always prompt statements like what about dropping the roof on crisp winter days and "I've got one hanging in the garage and never used it in X amount of years"

Correct!!! Oil level was pretty (read horrifically) low so topped it up and its quietened right down.

No windscreen wash function so desperately need to sort the stork out as I think it's related to that.

Still need to ring Scaryoldcortina to sort him checking it over and doing a couple of jobs!

• 1 month later...

Soooo little update! 

I've been fortunate enough to be using a brand new Octavia for 3 weeks while my mams been away and I promised to machine polish it for her. So the little MG has been parked in an underground car park for that time.

Took my booster pack with me as I thought there would be no chance it would start after 3 weeks!

Tick Tick Boom fired straight away was delighted!!! Lacquer peel on the bonnet which was 3 tiny blobs has now grown with the cold to 3 medium sized blobs but it needs paint anyway in other places so will sort this. Annoying as there isn't a single stone chip on the bonnet! 

Still haven't done any of the things I said I was going to. Still needs an window wiper stalk, a service and a visit to scaryoldcortina. But was so pleased with it I thought id chuck some water at it before work this morning so here she is.......

post-20204-0-75428600-1479205361_thumb.jpg

post-20204-0-59333200-1479205376_thumb.jpg

post-20204-0-16976000-1479205391_thumb.jpg