Hey up!

Drew

New bloke here.

Drew, in France, up to his armpits in Autoshite kit.

This my daily ride...

Posted Image

1989 'Super Cinq' 1.1

Bought it back in Feb of last year, for 100 Euroquids, with a fresh two-year French MOT on it. None of the doors lock, and the windows were all kept up with little wedges of wood. Bought a spazzed example of the same breed (pics later) just for the window regulators.

Tripped it up to Manchester, from my digs in SW France, at Christmas, and did a 1400km/18hour rally up to Calais and back at the start of March...Not a cough on either splash.

I've got kit all around the place near me, so the spotter-pics will be flooding in.

Welcome! Those old R5s seem to be practically evergreen, pretty much like 205s. Perhaps old French stuff was better screwed together than the motoring press of the era had us believe...

Well here's another R5.

It's my parts-bitch, purchased for 85 Euroquids. Changing the registration from the Deux-Sevres departement, where the former keepr lived, to my own manor of Charente would have de-trousered me of more than I paid for it...Bollocks to that! Engine and gearbox are good, but it failed its test on petty details like lower ball-joints and brakes, the former of which the previous owner gave me with a bag of other clobber. I'll likely lift the drivetrain out one day and lob it on 'Le Ebay'. For now, I've relieved it of its window regulators, interior and a wheel/tyre, plus its air and oil filters as part of the pre-trip to England service for the runner 5.

Top bitch!

Posted Image

^^^That's actually the bald one that came off the runner, and for which I got myself a 90 euroquid fine. I approached the raised-up scrapper, with the intention of putting it back on; you know, for appearance sake. Fucked-off at having an emptier wallet, I just kicked the thing off the jack and slung the shoe on the ground. :lol:

^^^That's actually the bald one that came off the runner, and for which I got myself a 90 euroquid fine. I approached the raised-up scrapper, with the intention of putting it back on; ou know, for appearance sake. Fucked-off at having an emptier wallet, I just kicked the thing off the jack and slung the shoe on the ground. :lol:

lol, ruddy flics eh, i got pulled the other day €45 fine for towing on a rope, still cheaper than 1. hiring a trailer 2. getting the garage to pick it up :lol:

Bonjour from the other side of Le Tunnel. I will have to retire to France (in about 34 years) or at least go there on holiday. Well done for all that quality kit, but for god's sake strip the other "5" and autograss it. I hear the sport is big in France and it would be a cheap way to keep the little voiture going without documents, would be a waste otherwise, and it's more fun than sex.In the future there will probably end up being an Autoshite commune out in a Chateau there, with all night viewings of Minder videos and grounds full of dead CXs and the like. It is our natural home, especially the North, where the rain washes away the tourists.

Guest greenvanman

This is all we need, another believer in French cars.Stick to your Land Rovers Drew, you know they won't fail you.

Anyone else getting the words 'pot' and 'kettle' coming to mind at this point? :wink: