Car Transport in NE Scotland - See page 5

Supernaut

You and wildlife!

You should stop driving in the countryside.

I'm fairly certain it was quite near where he hit the deer in the Abarth too. He should just avoid that specific bit of countryside.

Same area, different road's, both at silly hours of the morning on the way home from work.

And both cars are black.

I see a bit of a theme here.

When Mason dies via electrical failure this should get its engine.

Rover squeezed a V6 into the same car for the 45/ZS, so should't be too much of a problem plonking his V8 in. ;)

A video was recorded yesterday, on 17-Coffees' phone though.

Said video shows him getting into the Civic, putting it in reverse, and... the car just reverses. The brakes didn't stick or anything.

We even drove it forwards and backwards on the driveway yesterday and stabbed the brakes a couple of times, and it started to clean up the discs quite nicely!

Every time I look at this car it gets better and better.

We even sprayed the front of it with a hose and it looks as good as new*.

Said video...

Now keep in mine the car has't been moved in around a year and a bit, im impressed! Pryor to that it had't been run in about a year. 

Will give the brakes a good clean up, both in just having a good run on the way to the MOT test as well as giving the calipers a good check & clean up before hand.

It's also worth noting that the car is willing to do a burnout,(Blame supernaut) much to the delight of my parents when they see the divot left in the driveway...   :?

I've decided that even if Supernaut doesn't buy it, if he lends a hand helping get it back on the road he can get a cut of the profit from the sale or at least put the money towards 'Shed IV' Aka the 316.

• 2 weeks later...

Different engine, different colour and different body style.

'fraid not!

At the weekend, Tayne gave me an interesting suggestion. Pre-book the Civic for an MOT at my local trusted garage, and just tell them it might fail on emissions, a new cat is in the boot, and just leave it with them. They'd make short work of it on a ramp and with the proper tools.

Otherwise, no progress has been made since that video was taken.

Why not just fit the fucking cat?

Sent from my 5022X using Tapatalk

Because it's on the driveway of the parents of a guy who works nights and every second weekend, and I work normal daytime hours during the week.

The logistics of actually getting a day when we're both available to work on it are... difficult.

Saw this up huntly way, Didnt ken if it'd be any use?

I was thinking about that again today, but it seems he's not breaking it.

A passenger side headlight would be nice, as the one on the car at the moment is very full of moss / mildew / damp green stuff. An attempt will be made to polish it off at at some point though. See how it goes.

• 3 months later...

A minor update.

We went and awoke the Aerodeck from its slumber today. After a jump from a spare battery (actually the one from 17-Coffees' LS400 as he took it out when he mothballed it for the winter), it fired up and ran fairly nicely. I even took it for a drive round a section of private* road and it goes alright. It definitely needs that new cat fitted, and some fresh fuel probably, lots of condensation from the exhaust, and it's a bit smelly.

It's definitely not a Citroen Xantia though! I thought something was wrong with it, because the steering actually has some weight, and you can actually feel bumps!

We didn't manage to clear the SRS light, even after borrowing Tayne's OBD scanner thing. It only connected to the engine module and not the SRS module though.

17-Coffees is going to look up the special technique for cancelling the SRS light on these, then after that I reckon we should just chuck it at a garage and ask them to MOT it and fit the new cat, then just see how it does.

I carried out a seamless* repair on the crack on the rear bumper today. It's already held together with cable ties, but you need to cover the sharp edges for the MOT.

post-19977-0-26232000-1484504853_thumb.jpg

Oh, the left headlight doesn't need replaced either. All that green mossy shit was on the outside, and wiped off with a rag fairly easily.

What are these like to drive? I like the way HH-Rs drive, I guess these are similar but sportier.

Do you mean HR-V? The HHR was a Chevrolet, that looks like this:

2009-chevrolet-hhr-fwd-4-door-lt-w-1lt-a

Anyway, I can't really pass judgement as I only got it up to 30mph. Seemed alright, though. It has a slightly better 1.6 than the HR-Vs too, as it's got VTEC YO so makes a bawhair over 120hp. Should be enough in a car that size.