Car Transport in NE Scotland - See page 5

Supernaut

There are more innocuous reasons for oil use, if a breather is blocked somewhere that could be pressurising the crank case and forcing oil into the inlet.

Pop a few jubilee clips off and have a look inside the inlet manifold etc, if there more than a smear of oil in there then my £5 is on some sort of engine breather/PCV valve or some shit being blocked up.

There are more innocuous reasons for oil use, if a breather is blocked somewhere that could be pressurising the crank case and forcing oil into the inlet.

Pop a few jubilee clips off and have a look inside the inlet manifold etc, if there more than a smear of oil in there then my £5 is on some sort of engine breather/PCV valve or some shit being blocked up.

Read my post from yesterday. I checked the breathers. They're bone dry.

Oops, missed that bit.

http://www.cartakeback.com then.

:-D

This car is, according to the paperwork, still 17-Coffees' car, so we need to see what he wants to do.

I got a test drive of his Abarth 595 last night though, and it makes me want a "hot" (warm) hatch of some description even more! That's what this Civic was meant to be...

We went to the pub later and discussed the idea of an MG ZS 180, facelift model with the stupid vents on the front wings. I'd rock one of them...

Facilities = kind of. The car is sitting at my parents' farm and my dad has an engine hoist. Said engine hoist is being used to build a series 1 Land Rover though, and the bits of Land Rover are taking up the entire shed the work would be done in.

Donor = no.

Effort = no.

I briefly entertained the idea of a Honda HR-V.

Same power as this Civic, in a similar-sized package, but with AWD. Surely that would be amusing... then I noticed that people are asking 4-figures for shagged out ones with scratches and rust and 120k+ on the clocks.

Aye, you can keep that idea.

If that much oil was going through valve seals you'd see a big oil plume on startup.

Sent from my X17 using Tapatalk

Yet, somehow, the exhaust smoke isn't as blue as the air in Gordon Ramsay's kitchen. It's a bit of grey smoke but not loads. Very odd.

early 2000s Civic Type-S would be a good warm hatch, 160bhp with a 2.0 chain driven Honda K series (not OMGHGF rover) similar to the H-RV in the way they hold their value though.

Plus Capt70s has brought the dodgy one, so yours would be alright.

My sister actually owned a 53 reg civic type S for a while. It was a silver 5 door on 15" alloys, so proper sleeper spec.

She got it FOR FREE from her mother-in-law. Neither the MiL or my sister were even remotely interested in cars, and both of them literally bump parked it. It was utterly hanging and never maintained, and I cringed every time I saw it. It was a hoot to drive, then she eventually chucked it through the auctions because the exhaust fell off, of all things. It sold for something silly like £300 but I wasn't in a position to take it on at the time (and I knew how long it had been run without oil even registering on the dipstick!).

My sister complained about how much fuel it used, and when I drove it and commented on the lovely intake noise, her response was "whatever, it's silly, it's too noisy"

She then spunked £6k on a purple Fiat Panda with a whopping 60hp....

I've found a few Focus ST-170s around the £1,100-1,200 mark though. In very tidy condition and not mega miles either. One of them would be tempting, but I need to shift the Xantia first.

• 6 months later...

We need to shift this from my parents' farm (near Cuminestown) to 17-Coffees' house in Ellon.

We attempted to A-frame it today, but the brakes are getting far too hot after even a mile of framing it. Does anybody have a flatbed trailer or beavertail in Aberdeenshire available next weekend or the weekend after?

I'd even be up for a self-drive beavertail truck hire if it's a small enough one (total truck and car weight under 3.5t, but the Civic is only about 1,200kg max).

Any ideas from the AS collective?

The brakes almost seem to be binding slightly less now that it was dragged unceremoniously a couple of miles.

However, we've already found a buyer for the car and he lives 3 miles from where it's currently located. Sale happening on Saturday hopefully! Transport (or driving it 3 miles) is the buyer's problem!