53 Jag X Type diesel. Less than £500

Jim Bell

Always liked the looks much more than the s type, although a good one can be fun and our old 3ltr one was fine. But not a proper Jag! Who knows now? The F Pace is a lovely thing once inside and it does have Jag DNA in there somewhere.

Anyway with an XJ8 and a XJS at home we are going through a Jag period right now, so with that in mind I would like to make an offer on this.....Wilson x2 should I message you directly?

I had a brand new one of those. Very noisy when cold, drove quite well, but not that quick. Had a talking fuel flap reminding you to put diesel fuel in it. I also had a later 2.2D wagon in uber-rare Sov spec. Equally noisy when cold, but a good bit sharper and faster. I thought the radio was fucked in it because the volume went up and down by itself. RTFM.

I had a brand new one of those. Very noisy when cold, drove quite well, but not that quick. Had a talking fuel flap reminding you to put diesel fuel in it. I also had a later 2.2D wagon in uber-rare Sov spec. Equally noisy when cold, but a good bit sharper and faster. I thought the radio was fucked in it because the volume went up and down by itself. RTFM.

Massive want for a taking fuel flap. Picks up petrol pump "wrong one you twat" :)

When new, they were pretty minging, the ridiculous pompous "keeping up appearances" aura these things have. Who were the first owners trying to kid? Looks like one of those Nissan Viewt things crossed with a Suzuki Baleno. Nice interior though - for 400 quid, what a nice place to spend the winter at 45 mpg.

A mate recently bought a semi-proper one (not FWD Transit powered), the 3.0 V6 manual with AWD and 350 quid.  When fairly recent 'prestige' cars get down to bicycle money, they suddenly become very attractive.

I need help to come up with a story for Mrs 6C why I need it, when I already have my winter cars a Rover 75 Touring, Volvo 740 estate and Volvo V70 XC?

The security of a proper boot is paramount in your area, Cylinder. Do it. I can see a bald patch on your drive.

How can you have a "slight fault" on a main beam switch............................

I tested one of these a while back, when you operated the indicators it would flash the main beams - once, not really what you want when you're making a right hand turn and there is another car waiting to turn right from where you're turning in to.

Thanks to Wilson x2 I spoke to the garage this morning and have arranged to go up tomorrow and take a look at the X type which will have a good home along with our XJ8 and XJS . if all goes to plan it will replace a Skoda Fabian and. Rat look Polo as an everyday car for commutes etc. A first attempt at a live collection thread looms, so fingers crossed it all goes to plan, just need to check insurance etc.

Guest Lord Sward

The XF never had the 2.2 4cyl engine.

The early 08 to 12 cars were the same as the S type with the 3.0 pez or 2.7d V6 engine. The 12 "phase2" cars have the LR/jag 3.0d V6 and 3.0 pez engine.

The 2.2 is only fitted to the freelander

The Freelander and XF were both fitted with the PSA/Ford 'Lion' engine of 2.2 litres.

The X-type got a Transit/Defender 2.0 and 2.2 derv (the latter of which initially had cylinder head issues when first fitted to the Mondeo).