Swedish Tank

The Old Bloke Next Door

A new Bosch crank sensor brought it back to life, however there is a slight miss-fire and engine rev's problem. It should drive you to a pre-booked Mot, however I'm not going to guarantee that. Trailer or transporter recommended.

http://autoshite.com/topic/20238-swedish-tank/

£75, which will reduce by £7-50p per week until its sold.

The miss-fire is on tick over, it clears as soon as the engine is revved. Tame mechanic suspects idle control valve. He did clean it at the last mot which cured it for a while, but it gradually came back.

The engine revving up and down by itself, which started to occur a few months after the last mot is more of a concern. Whether the two are related I don't know.

I will be taking it for a drive next Sunday, I'll do an up-date then.

The miss-fire is on tick over, it clears as soon as the engine is revved. Tame mechanic suspects idle control valve. He did clean it at the last mot which cured it for a while, but it gradually came back.

The engine revving up and down by itself, which started to occur a few months after the last mot is more of a concern. Whether the two are related I don't know.

I'd say so. I'd be tempted to give the idle control valve another wash out with carb cleaner.

Throttle body too.

Worked wonders for this latest V70 I've bought.