New to me shite.

Barry Cade

I'm getting rid of my semi classics- both the X1/9 and HPE are going as I'm going to concentrate on bikes for a bit. As the X1/9 was my winter daily driver I returned to the delights of shite hunting,trawling all my old haunts and checking every newspaper to find something to get to work in when the weathers to bad for 2 wheels.

This is what I came up with:

Posted Image

1998 Hyunda Sonata-Mot'd and taxed. 3 litre auto (import) everything working including cruise and aircon,private plate, foo coo,CD player..the lot rear arches a bit crumbly, but after I've had it on the ramp,if it gets the OK I'll get them sorted.

£250... I love it! :lol::lol:

Never liked the front of those, probably something to do with the odd headlights but in some way Hyundai were ahead of the game as in my eyes it looks quite like a Jaguar XF at the front! Dad had the previous model as a company car, the styling was a lot more restrained which is probably why I never took to this model. Quite like the one after this one though, the one that looks like a mini XG90 :D

£250.... blimey :shock::shock::shock:

I know people who will spend that on a pair of shoes. You can get a frickin luxury car for that! Three litres of autobargeness or shoes, hmmm?

That's value, that is.

I bought these.......

Posted Image

....for more than i bought this.....

Posted Image

However i would like to point out that they were made by the Prince of Wales' personal shoemaker and i was very.....very....drunk at the time......

Posted Image

....and on a stag do in Swansea........with a credit card.

mitsubishiwarriorL200doublecabanimalpickup

Tell you what, much as those have a shite pikey-builder image... my mate's just bought one, tried it out last night by 'eck do they shift for a big lump of iron. Certainly felt more than 115bhp, on a par with a V8 rangey. Qual. On the subject of 'the spend', while I wouldn't spend £200 on a pair of shoes, ever, I just realised that my current car cost £36 more than my bike (which I bought 12 years ago). :shock:

His L200thingy actually drives quite well, and often tows 3 tons+..I put a new cambelt and a few other things on it when he got it,and it was even nice to work on! but that image...:oops: I once bought a Saab 900i off Ebay, for £1.20. One pound twenty pence..Wasn't a bad old thing either,stuck a new clutch in it, gave it a good clean and MOT'd it. Nipped up to my mates after the MOT,went out for a bit and when I came back it was gone..Tax Nazi's had lifted it...only found this out after I'd reported it stolen. As it was Friday evenng, they wanted storage charges and a new tax disc on the Monday.. this was well over £200,so they kept it.. :oops:

foo coo

I wonder how many people reading this will know what that means. :lol:
Beyond me..And i'm considered by me neices as cool.. gah
I'm guessing its a hint the seats arent trimmed in velour. :D

Cheap motoring. In that vein, I bought a Mk3 Cav a couple of years back - with 4 months' tax and 10 months' MOT - for £57.59, mainly because the bloke had listed it in the wrong section (workshop manuals). I promptly filled the tank for more than I paid for the car...The '87 Belmont I bought for £51 the previous year only had 2 weeks' tax and ticket on it, so not such a great deal. That said, I don't think I've ever spent more than £50 on a pair of shoes...

foo coo

I wonder how many people reading this will know what that means. :lol:
Beyond me..And i'm considered by me neices as cool.. gah
I'm guessing its a hint the seats arent trimmed in velour. :D
I should have got this - if only I'd looked at your location. :roll::roll: So what's happening to the HPE?

Paul Jackson is still there! The Adelphi is one of the best/worst venues ever, and still under threat of closure, according to Mr Jackson. He's been saying that ever since it opened! This time it seems that now smokers have to congregate outside, the to-ing and fro-ing leads to the doors opening more often and the noise from modern beat combos disturbing the neighbours ... Do you remember his dog that must have been stone deaf?

Oh dear, nothing ever changes... I remember the old dog, and the time he went fishing and no one else having a key of the backstage 'room' where our instruments were while we had to f off to somewhere else, or the brilliant food Jacko ordered in for us etc... must get back there sometime.

Ah happy days! Nothing changes but the toilets get more blocked...You played there? What was the band you were in? The great thing is that it is such a small room that even if only 20 turn up to see you it still seems full ... (speaks from bitter experience) :lol:

Same experience here, but it helps when you can get Fonda 500 or The Edible 5ft Smiths to play the same night! I've played there in three bands on several nights since erm... 2001? The bands were called zea (sample/pop/rock quintet), Pfaff (two drummers - one guitarist) and in 2005 and 2006 with The Ik Jan Cremers.

Big time way off topic :lol: I think they may mean the Adelphi in Leeds. Great pub. A regular haunt when I worked in the centre. I know the Adelphi in Hull too.

• 1 month later...

Sonata's up for sale, just bought a mint full historied,1 owner Kia Pride... A bit kinder to the wallet for a 60 mile a day round trip to work much less comfy though.8)

its done about 2000 miles in my hands,fault free. Just MOT'd it- 13 months ticket only an advisrory for front pads, which are fine for a good while yet.

.No tax though.SORNed. Everything still works, cruise,Aircon,elec aerial,sunroof etc. CD/Tape/FM/AM/LW all built in. 4 fairly new tyres,and I put in a new 'stat along with nice new coolant, as it was running a bit cool, heater is ferocious now! Towbar with double elecs too-great towbarge for pulling your Ebay shiters home! AND you get a naff plate too!

300 notes anyone? I'll stick it on t'bay in the next few days after I wash its face for the foties.Posted Image