collecting from mid France ?

Bfg

Just wondering because I haven't seen detail photos yet, nor n'gotiated  but.. can anyone advise - how much approx to bring a car back from somewhere in the middle of France and deliver it up to near Ipswich, Suffolk.?   

I don't have a tow vehicle nor an A-frame / dolly,  but if anyone does.., and is up for a paid and fed trip to collect, then I'd be interested to hear from you.   Naturally, if said A-frame fits inside said tow car for outbound ferry / chunnel crossing then that would be more cost effective than a trailer.  But I'm open to ideas.?  Perhaps someone is coming back this way with an empty car trailer. ?  ;)

I'm considering this for a traction. My plan so far ( in as much as it exists in my head) is to pay my friend (who has a cottage in Normandy) for a ferry trip, petrol, trailer and hotel to get it back to his place where it will be secure until I can go over with him to bring it back here. Getting a professional to bring a car over here seems to add up very, very quickly.

My neighbours at work ( who have all the flash cars I put on the news thread ) are CARS. They transport classic and sports cars world wide. I cannot imagine that they are in any way cheap!

I have brought a few back over the years and used transport companies for the last few. I would expect about 600 from the middle of France but all the guy's I have used now seem to of packed it in. It is getting hard to get a decent quote so next time I go I will hire a trailer and get it myself. What are you after out there as I have my eye on a couple of things if the Rolls sells in the morning

I'm not a million miles from Ipswich, I have a towbar-equipped and LPG'd CX and I'm always up for a road trip.  On the flip side, I don't own a trailer, I'm not confident A-framing and French LPG pumps are f***ed up so refuelling over there might be interesting. 

Both my vans have towbars too, but I wouldn't imagine they'd do much more than 20 to the gallon with a trailer on the back and they're more expensive to take on the ferry, so a 1000-odd mile round trip might work out rather expensive.  Also I wouldn't take a van through Calais because migrants.

I bought a Renault dauphine (well the tat allows funding of classics)

And I had that brought back with the French dealer who bought my Lotus. He comes to England on a regular basis as he's French agent for kit cars made in England.

As he comes with a empty car transporter I would think he's up for a collection to re coup some costs. Much cheaper and easier. Just meet him at Dover

post-20451-0-82004100-1473409981_thumb.jpeg

If it's got a French Mot ( Controle technique- CT) fly & drive.

If it hasn't, and you've time, put it in for one. The failure gives you 2 months ( on the road) to sort it.

If you haven't/ can't get a CT ( which virtually ignores rust etc, anyway) just drive it. Fine of 70 euros if caught.

I've brought a good few back, and have some storage facilities near Alencon if desperate..

Brilliant.. thanks for the translation..  I can't help being an dumb old fart  ..it's just one imperfection though !

The car's a so called 'barn find', no documents, and barely driveable.

wot brakes ?? 

B) Great offer re storage. probably won't take advantage of your kindness - but it's sound to have a plan 'D'  - Big Thanks.

I luv the idea of just a 70 euro fine... even if that happens several times over  :-D

...sounds like a great adventure to me. ;)

No docs is a pain in the ***. It's quite difficult now to get a French vehicle registered here, dvla currently throwing a strop . It'll calm down in a few months. Don't forget NOVA when you get back..

No docs is a biggy in France - so go wary. Could be several reasons, none good.

No brakes isn't an A frame issue, as long as they are free, or you are competent enough to remove them. If you are A framing, and the tyres are dubious, take a spare set of wheels/ tyres for safety.

I spend a lot of time in Europe, and never had any trouble. I A frame everywhere, and when stopped, they are just nonplussed by it - as there doesn't seem to be anything equivalent there.

When hauling the Volga m24 back, behind the Lowered Legnum, the Gendarmes by the Motorway exit just wanted a damn good nosey, nothing more.

A framing is cheap, economical and played sensibly, safe. However, the world is full of dorks who don't act sensibly, so the law will come down heavily on someone sooner or later. Hope it's not me..

Senor Dangles has virtually stopped framing, and I can see why. However, do it sensibly, safely, and you can have a good trip, great time and a reasonable adventure,

What's to lose?