This Sunday,in Sussex..

nigel bickle

2 splendid opportunities to display your shite, just 5 miles apart!Goodwood Brekkie meeting this month is for 'Family favourites' - so dust off your 4 doors...Just down the road -in Chichester, just off the A27 is the Southern Counties turnout, mid to late morning.Anyone on?I (currently) propose to use the old red/white Renault Fregate (1st trip this year-so Saturdays investigation might persuade me to take the 18 Estate instead!) to visit Goodwood for an hour or so ,then troll on down to Chichester.Just aheads up-chaps!

Nigel, is there any info, say online I could read up on these events? Are they the sort of thing that would welcome the likes of something 'ordinary' like an R9? I think I should make the effort if so, although whether I'll be feeling the effects from 'the night before' could be a deciding factor, especially if they're reasonably early! Are they free? i.e. do you just 'turn up'?

Goodwood is free-and you'll love it.Place will be swamped mid morning with all sorts. The car parks will be full of 'allsorts''-give it a go. (Aerodrome- main entrance)Dont try & buy any food/drink though-costs are horrendous.The Chcihester event is on the College car park (opposite Tesco at the western exit on A27) -and is chargeable to get in,by car. However -if you follow the link road round to the Swimming pool park- (free on Sunday), and walk back (300yds)-no cost! This has been a quieter affair-with some interesting cars-but worth a look see.

This Sunday I'll be attending the Phyllis Tuckwell classic car show in Farnham, possibly in my mate's slightly shonky Citroen Ami Super with dodgy brakes.... or his rare '85 lhd BX19 TRD, seeing as my GSA is not yet ready for its MOT and my later '91 BX might not be accepted as a "classic". Nice show two years ago! My mate nearly ended up buying this original and nicely weathered Super Minx:

Posted Image

Some nice tat there too, amongst all the usual pampered vintage/veteran/classic fayre

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Our humble offerings, and just off to the right a bonkers black Marina estate with massive chromed wheels - well known in local circles!

Posted Image

Mark.

I dont think pre-registering makes any difference. Done it before- gained nothing really. Ithinkits a'commitment' ploy-or building a mailing list.If you see a hulking great red/white 50's Renault (reg VSY...)-say hello!

if i see ya i will say hi i got silver legacy estate with brighton and hove sticker in back window lol