Another ebay rant

shite_meister

It isn't, but paypal are not based in the Uk so don't have to abide by our laws AFAIK.A mate of mine just sent a £400 bike frame to Australia by the cheapest method as per the buyers instructions. He has proof of postage from Parcelforce with detail of what was in the package, recipient address etc.Buyer says he hasnt received it, my mate provides proof of postage etc but that is not enough for paypal, they want tracking numbers etc and it wasn't a tracked service so buyer gets his £400 straight back - no questions asked.And you can't even leave neg feedback anymore - ebay is a scammers site now.

It isn't, but paypal are not based in the Uk so don't have to abide by our laws AFAIK.A mate of mine just sent a £400 bike frame to Australia by the cheapest method as per the buyers instructions. He has proof of postage from Parcelforce with detail of what was in the package, recipient address etc.Buyer says he hasnt received it, my mate provides proof of postage etc but that is not enough for paypal, they want tracking numbers etc and it wasn't a tracked service so buyer gets his £400 straight back - no questions asked.And you can't even leave neg feedback anymore - ebay is a scammers site now.

To be fully protected by Paypal, it's up to the seller to provide proof of delivery not proof of dispatch so that's down to your mate for not covering himself. For that amount of money, he was was daft to say the least. I always dictate my shipping terms not my buyers. It's clear that they want to shaft you so they know if sent by cheapest means, there'll be no record of them receiving it.However, in my opinion, Paypal are still a bunch of useless fcuks as I sent an item to Italy, had proof of delivery and they still refunded the lying shit who said he hadn't got his item.It's only going to get worse on eBay for the little guy who sells once in a while, as they are soon going to make us all provide free P & P.

Ebay are bastards, so you have to fight fire with fire and be clever.Never EVER deal with anyone outside of the UK, that's rule Number One. Sticking to the UK means you can avoid Paypal altogether. How do you avoid Paypal? Easy, just type a false Paypal email address into the box. It's worked for me.Breaking a whole car? Don't be an obvious pisstaker with the old 'u r biddin 4 a wheelnut' shite, you just look like a cunt and will get your listing removed.No, start off with the old 'BREAKING AUSTIN 3 LITRE' heading and do the auction for a genuine part such as a wiper switch. Start it at 99p so Ebay get fuck all listing fees. Get a mate to bid it up to £1000 on a ten day auction. This works in two ways.1.) By the time the bidding gets to £3.71 or whatever, close the auction on Day 9 to the highest bidder assuming that they are 'real' , i.e plenty of feedback and 100%. You sell the part, Ebay get minimal fees (boo hoo) and you get a positive. Tell the buyer what I do - 'sorry mate, my Paypal account is having problems, can you send me a cheque'. That way, Paypal get fuck all as well - I can hear your hearts bleeding from here Boys. If the part is in good nick, send it straight out and don't wait for the £3.71 cheque to clear. Buyers like that.DO NOT let the auction run to the end. That's when you get Zero feedback cockmasters fucking you about. You will be asking for it, but your mate's £1000 bid is a good 'buffer'.2.) Buyers will look at your BREAKING AUSTIN 3 LITRE advert and see you have the whole car. You will then do a whole host of backhander cash deals for bits and make a shit load more dollah. I used to enjoy Ebay, but it's just a pain in the arse now with too many idiots.

However, in my opinion, Paypal are still a bunch of useless fcuks as I sent an item to Italy, had proof of delivery and they still refunded the lying shit who said he hadn't got his item.

So with proof of delivery, why did they still refund him?I'm waiting on a claim from a buyer in Italy. After I sent the item I saw a thread somewhere else about lots of post 'going missing' in Italy. Seems lots of scammers live there.It was a £30 item so I thought I might be able to claim from the RM but their small print says 'inland only' I mean WTF are you supposed to do - hand deliver everything yourself?

Easy, just type a false Paypal email address into the box. It's worked for me.

I thought that by doing this, if the buyer pays by paypal checkout then the money will just sit there until the account is opened/verified.

However, in my opinion, Paypal are still a bunch of useless fcuks as I sent an item to Italy, had proof of delivery and they still refunded the lying shit who said he hadn't got his item.

So with proof of delivery, why did they still refund him?I'm waiting on a claim from a buyer in Italy. After I sent the item I saw a thread somewhere else about lots of post 'going missing' in Italy. Seems lots of scammers live there.It was a £30 item so I thought I might be able to claim from the RM but their small print says 'inland only' I mean WTF are you supposed to do - hand deliver everything yourself?

Easy, just type a false Paypal email address into the box. It's worked for me.

I thought that by doing this, if the buyer pays by paypal checkout then the money will just sit there until the account is opened/verified.
I think people are expecting too much from ebay and paypal (even though I despise the way both of them operate) when it comes to international selling. All the two companies have done is opened up the marketplace to millions more scammers, liers and idiots and it's not surprising they don't always want to get involved. If ever I post anything abroad it's with the knowledge that I can afford to lose the money, hence I sell nothing valuable to overseas bidders. I think ebay's problem now seems to be that it is massively biased towards buyers, with paypal's 'payment on hold until positive feedback' policy on certain items the most blatantly unfair. Having been caught on a computer a couple of months ago I will not use ebay again for this type of goods, or if I did it would be with the proviso in bold NO GOODS DESPATCHED UNTIL CLEARED PAYMENT RECEIVED. Sell a £100 computer, despatch and wait 21 days or positive feedback received before getting paid? I don't think so.

I think people are expecting too much from ebay and paypal

I don't think it's too much to expect to keep your money when you have proof of postage and delivery - do you?And I can't see why the RM can't provide a fully tracked international service....it can't be that hard to put in place surely.

eBay is pretty much too random to bother with these days. Just sold two mint doors off my old Merc on there and the bloke who won them was an absolute diamond.Sold some cars and stuff on there and had a nightmare. You just have to assume there's an 80+% chance winning bidder will be an idiot now and hope they are not.

So with proof of delivery, why did they still refund him?
Proof of delivery and an email saying how pleased he was with his purchase!I have no idea what Paypal were thinking, as a result, I don't use them as much as I used to. They are bunch of cnuts hiding behind a shitload of legal loopholes. Any rights we may have had vanished when they pissed off to Switzerland.