Peugeot 304 and Renault 5

P304r5

Nice cars, is the 5 a Campus Prima? I always though the Prima was a run out model but i may be wrong.

Excellent stuff. 

The run-out 5s were Campus, not Prima. Renault also did a Clio Campus when the first generation was replaced.

Sort of correct....the Campus originally arrived as the Base spec for the Summer 87 Supercinque facelift and continued til the cars death in the UK. However with the imminent arrival of the Clio in 91... Renault uk at paired the range down to just the Prima and Campus specs at the tail end of 1990. Once the Clio came on full song the Prima spec was dropped quitely to allow the Campus to continue as the sole 5 on sale til it was dropped completely from the line up.

All the run-out models were badged Campus Prima.  Both Campus and Prima were model names before that.

The run-out Campus Prima was based on the previous Campus spec but had 1390cc and fuel injection.  Only options were metallic paint and rear wash/wipe.  No power steering.  Previously the 1.4l was 1397cc carb, same as P304r5's.

All the run-out models were badged Campus Prima.  Both Campus and Prima were model names before that.

The run-out Campus Prima was based on the previous Campus spec but had 1390cc and fuel injection.  Only options were metallic paint and rear wash/wipe.  No power steering.  Previously the 1.4l was 1397cc carb, same as P304r5's.

I had a campus prima and despite it being the OHV unit, I couldn't work out why it was 1390 and not 1397cc. The new dangled "Energy" engine Renault had just launched was 1390 so I often wondered if they somehow used the bottom end of the new engine with the OHV head - or if their marketing team just decided 1390 sounded better.

• 1 month later...

Good work on the Renault. Nice M plate Campus parked in the carpark i use for today. Very clean indeed, dealer plates and sticker. Cheeky mot history check says is only on 20k  :shock: Mot due on 16/11.

thanks! Most 5s seem to have low mileage on them especially the autos!

• 1 year later...

just been reminded about this so thought I'd update it- sold the Renault last year to another enthusiast and its now living in a prestigious area in London apparently! Replaced that with another auto, this time a VW Scirocco GT MK2 which was sat unused on a driveway before I knocked on the door and bought it! Got another Peugeot 304 Cabriolet also, its a rare pre-S model original UK car!  

just been reminded about this so thought I'd update it- sold the Renault last year to another enthusiast and its now living in a prestigious area in London apparently! Replaced that with another auto, this time a VW Scirocco GT MK2 which was sat unused on a driveway before I knocked on the door and bought it! Got another Peugeot 304 Cabriolet also, its a rare pre-S model original UK car!  

https://flic.kr/p/211b9AC - scirocco

https://flic.kr/p/XAZbaJ- peugeots