Rover 420, anyone? Long MOT, drive it away £200

Cavcraft

Well this didn't really get any better.

I have phoned several insurance companies and they are saying the following (almost verbatim for each company):

The Rover is not old enough for their classic policy (needs to be 20 years old). Okay I suppose.

The Rover cannot go on a modern policy as my current NCB is all locked up in the i10. The classic policies don't have NCB useage anyway.

Therefore they are unwilling to quote for a 'modern' car policy as I would effectively have zero NCB to apply to the Rover. This would seemingly make it too expensive to insure to even make it viable.

So. Hold on. My Rover 75 was insured via PBIS on a 'modern classic' policy. The only issue there is that Francesca has not phoned me back. I did call on some pretext but they have a 'system failure'. She still hasn't phoned back as I type.

In the meantime The Moog is sitting on a platform - Billy's place or that there London?

Given the insurance fuckery, the decision was made.

That There London.

I am really sorry Billy. I hate to fuck people around, more so for the people on here, and  even more so..... a mate.

Huge apologies.

Now the 406 is 'offficially' on the road, ditto the Calibra, I'm knocking this down to £275 if anyone on here wants it. It's a hell of a car for the money, I'll try and get  pictures etc over the weekend.

Phwoor! I have no intention of buying it, but could we see some pictures of the interior? I'm really interested to see what a posh, late one looks like inside.

I missed this post somehow (sorry) will stick some interior pictures up later.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm quite tempted tbh. Sadly I'm not drinking tonight so I'm not going to say yes until I've fully researched the situation.

I wonder if Davenumbers would detour west before heading south on thurdsay? Hmmmm.

Edit - flipping heck, you are 180 miles away because of mountains. Probably not then.