MoT bastards

pogweasel

14% efficiency on a parking brake would also get a dangerous from me, as in a lot of cases, it's considered the secondary braking system, should the hydraulic system develop a fault. Hit the pedal, nothing happens, so most people yank the lever up, forgetting the dual circuit nature of the service brakes. Try this on a Vectra B......................

I had my missus' MGF fail nearly four times on handbrake 'power'. It held itself on a hill, but the tester was having none of it. Admittedly, he tested it on a rolling road brake test twice before he actually MOT'd it, and didn't charge, but felt like it should have been an advisory. Took it elsewhere and they passed it.

Can you still do an MOT station tour now? I thought there was not point with the coming of computer testing.

14% efficiency on a parking brake would also get a dangerous from me, as in a lot of cases, it's considered the secondary braking system, should the hydraulic system develop a fault. Hit the pedal, nothing happens, so most people yank the lever up, forgetting the dual circuit nature of the service brakes. Try this on a Vectra B......................

Judging by the fail sheet and subsequent garage receipts, it was sent for test with practically no braking system at all.

FredTransit - I think the facility has been allowed for to detect when people are hawking junk around different stations till it passes, but they're not using the system like that at the moment. It just reports back to the central database, each garage does not routinely check what another garage has failed a car on. I've taken stuff to two different places for a second opinion since computerised testing and they've never uttered a word about it.In fact it doesn't even have the ability to report back when your current MoT runs out.... if you want a 13 month one you need to take the old certificate in still. It'd be nice if it did see a month left to run in the database and post-date it accordingly.....

In fact it doesn't even have the ability to report back when your current MoT runs out.... if you want a 13 month one you need to take the old certificate in still. It'd be nice if it did see a month left to run in the database and post-date it accordingly.....

It does do that, the expiry date will add extra days on if its less than 1 calendar month

In fact it doesn't even have the ability to report back when your current MoT runs out.... if you want a 13 month one you need to take the old certificate in still. It'd be nice if it did see a month left to run in the database and post-date it accordingly.....

It does do that, the expiry date will add extra days on if its less than 1 calendar month
Hmph. Then I waz diddled.I took my old Vectra in for an MoT, already had a computerised one. Guy cheerfully asks if I've got the old one, I told him no but it does have about three weeks left. Without the old one it was a straight 12 months from date of issue :(