Daf 33! Come on and get yer Daf 33!

purplebargeken

The good folk at Essex Daf have for sale a little blue Daf 33 saloon. 

This wee beastie was once the property of Sam Glover and fared well over time. It was eventually bought by my mate Pete. Pete is the other person who makes up the world famous Essex Daf'fers.

Pete bought something large, red, topless, aircooled and American. This meant that the 33 needed to be sold.  

Bodywork: overall the car is in very good condition. There is a little rust along the bottom of the rear panel. However, this appears to be the worst of it. The paint has a good lustre and the interior (beige vinyl seats) is in good condition. The Daf seats are very comfy indeed. 

The inner wings are sound as is the bonnet and boot lid. 

The car is a 12v model (trust me, this is a bonus as a 6v battery for a Daf is very expensive). 

The wheels and tyres are good, the brightwork is nice (stainless bumpers by the way). The front bumper and irons have been removed but are present.

The 2 cylinder air cooled engine is a little poorly, and only fires on one cylinder for some reason.

However, all is not lost as Essex Daf have spare engines that can be supplied/fitted at a very reasonable cost.

DSCN1145_zpsit5qjofs.jpg

DSCN1142_zps8r88wzui.jpg

DSCN1141_zpsq7dn8l8m.jpg

DSCN1144_zps5ij9dn5c.jpg

DSCN1143_zpsr8j7rbwf.jpg

DSCN1140_zpsqhyuwnjz.jpg

DSCN1139_zpsdrlfdww2.jpg

DSCN1138_zpshwaeoplp.jpg

DSCN1146_zpsxcdmei1x.jpg

DSCN1148_zpskut9l9wp.jpg

DSCN1149_zpskmaggof1.jpg

The car is priced at £800 as you see it. An engine will cost £100.

If there is interest then please PM me and I will supply the appropriate details.

You do not see many of these cars on the road and I will almost guarantee exclusivity at the car shows. 

I drove my old one from Edinburgh to Leeds and even took the longer route via Carlisle as popped in to see my cousin.

With a new engine in, you will be bob on.

Awk I've no doubt it would get here with the new engine, but I imagine the sale price would be a good bit more with the engine installed / MOT applied (As it rightly should be, its already crazy cheap!)

I'm guessing its this one?

http://dafcars.proboards.com/thread/1787/daf-33-classic-car-weekly

I take it they never got round to getting it running again, as the MOT expired in 2011?

Its had some history by the sounds of it:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=23&t=937565&mid=229173&nmt=Stolen%20Daf%2033

Interest piqued enough to make a comeback from lurking!!!!

Getting the engine out of these is pretty straightforward. The car runs but only on one cylinder. 

I reckon with the right local help, the removal might be tackled prior to pick up and a fitting of an engine could also be done with negotiation I reckon.

You will need a 12v battery obv. I can almost guarantee that engine fettling would not cost too much :)

Getting the engine out of these is pretty straightforward. The car runs but only on one cylinder.

I reckon with the right local help, the removal might be tackled prior to pick up and a fitting of an engine could also be done with negotiation I reckon.

You will need a 12v battery obv. I can almost guarantee that engine fettling would not cost too much :)

Might be a bit of a stretch from here, besides driving from Essex to Belfast on a pre booked MOT might be taking the piss!!!