Suzuki Ignis Sport For Sale.

Jim Bell

A couple of times now, when I've been between cars, I've considered one of these.

Never actually pulled the trigger, as the only ones I could ever find within 150 miles of me were barried and fucked, sitting on huge chrome RIMZ and had fart cannon exhausts and huge chunks taken out of the bodywork.

If I could find a good'un though...

I think I've decided on one of these as my next car (which means it probably won't happen).

Because I'm a bit wanky and PH, I want something obscure that I can use as a cheap track toy and take me to the Nurburgring without breaking down. Reckon an Ignis would be up to the job?

Yeah. They generally dont break down. Front top mounts go though. Theyre not epic quick, but punchy enough. If youre going on a track you really want the quick shift mod done.

Welcome to Pistonheads, my name is Maxx Power. I will be your guide to losing money and fitting in with the Japanese Domestic Violence scene.

BC coilovers because drift/raec/rally machine.

The first coilovers Ive ever had that didnt originate in Glorious Peoples Lucky Republic Of China.

I'll hand my autoshite card back to Junkman on my way out.

post-5435-0-17684600-1473286095_thumb.jpg

Yeah Smellypoo, I saw that too. There was over 200 requests to join the Ignis Sport owners club on Facebook after that Shed Of The Week story went up on PistonHeads, so its certainly got a few people interested in them.

Thats a good little car if you look past the decals.

Good sensible upgrades for the most part. And what other japanese warm hatch of a similar age can you get into and drive for sub 1000?

• 3 weeks later...

Well. Things did not go well.

Coilovers were fitted. Camber and toe in went fucking mental. Like proper fucking mental.
There was meant to be camber adjustment in the strut bottom hub nuts. One bolt hole was elongated, one was not. One above the other. This made adjustment impossible. Which baffled me, Overrun and everyone in the owners club.
2 garages turned the car away and said it was untrackable and unalignable.

Fuck it. Take them back off.

Back to springs. Waste of everyones time and my money.

post-5435-0-45211600-1474828394_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-27598300-1474828544_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-27099800-1474828692_thumb.jpg

Colour coded springs were reinstated which brought everything back in line. Nice to have the car drivable again instead of having it snowploughing everywhere with squealing tyres at every sharp turn.

Good news was I noticed Im equiped with an adjustable panhard bar. Omg track weppin.

post-5435-0-89174200-1474828873_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-58263200-1474829062_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-57012700-1474829203_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-75230600-1474829380_thumb.jpg

Guest Lord Sward

The last one of them I sold ( and I loved them when nobody did) was written off in North Tyneside's car park in Cobalt. 

I used to say 'Japanese quality at Korean prices'.  I worked for Newton Park Suzuki if you can remember that far back?

**KnobbAlert**

MeeThinnkkss... Slotted hole in strut/coilover = you fit a bolt with an 'eccentric' cam/offset shoulder + two big washers...

... turning the bolt means the strut moves relative to the cast hub, tighten with big washer... *Good 2 go!!

*perhaps..??

TS