1973 Datsun 1200 Estate

Mike D

Anyone fancy this? genuine BARN effort.. I forgot t was still at Ratdats and now it needs to be moved.

obviously theres no MOT, it should be tax exempt now though.

1973 Datsun 1200 estate. Runs, but will need a battery.

It look really grim but its actually pretty damn solid, just lots if surface rust

Has NOS wings, door skins, rear quarters with it, theres a bonnet on ebay.

Located in Grimsby, Lincs - 600 quid

20130120_151136_zpsaee66907.jpg

20130120_151209_zpsdcfdc5c6.jpg

20130120_151115_zpsdd7836c1.jpg

I can vouch for how charming these little things are to drive.

This estate sounds no worse (probably better) than the 2dr saloon I found in Ipswich, and that sold quickly at significantly more money.

Mike, have you put in on the Datsun forum, or at least let any of the West London guys know about it?

Anyone fancy this? genuine BARN effort.. I forgot t was still at Ratdats and now it needs to be moved.

obviously theres no MOT, it should be tax exempt now though.

1973 Datsun 1200 estate. Runs, but will need a battery.

It look really grim but its actually pretty damn solid, just lots if surface rust

Has NOS wings, door skins, rear quarters with it, theres a bonnet on ebay.

Located in Grimsby, Lincs - 600 quid

20130120_151136_zpsaee66907.jpg

20130120_151209_zpsdcfdc5c6.jpg

20130120_151115_zpsdd7836c1.jpg

That's handy.  Will there be an A frame there too for delivery?

I can vouch for how charming these little things are to drive.

This estate sounds no worse (probably better) than the 2dr saloon I found in Ipswich, and that sold quickly at significantly more money.

Mike, have you put in on the Datsun forum, or at least let any of the West London guys know about it?

I've only put it up here, feel free to add a link up to it. It's actually probably better than my old blue one, this one hasn't been welded before.

Any interior shots??

Alright, that's quite enough of that!

I bloody love this car; it's got it all for me, unloved, cute, rare....green. what's not to like.

I need to marry a lady farmer...

I'm buying a BMW soon and I have my eye on a rare Simca too. Now this little geisha turns up.

To where? I could probably manage somewhere local to me but fuel in a 3 litre petrol dragging it, and I've got no free time coming up will prevent me going far

The Wirral! I'm looking for a new project (that doesn't require shedloads of welding) and there's a space in my garage now.

Actually, I might come over at some point on a weekend if that's OK??

it shouldn't need too much welding, the rear arch doglegs will want doing, I think theres a bit on the front crossmember and a few small bits on the front inner arch, maybe a smidge on the sill ends. The supplied panels will cut out most welding and rust removal repairs. I think a good go over with a DA would see it looking a million times better. Which weekend are you thinking? I'm away this one coming but will be here the one after