Random Pictures

155V6

I was looking for a picture of my old E28 528i today,couldn't find it but I did get these

Beaulieu Hearse show 1994

Posted Image

jjp666's old Zephyr at the same show

Posted Image

My Granada in 1993

Posted Image

My 155 with my Dad's Sportwagon

Posted Image

Work car park,1996ish

Posted Image

Another one of my Granadas,1991?,the Camaro was my Dad's

Posted Image

The Car!

Posted Image

The last 2 are both from Majorca in 1986.

R8

Posted Image

Gorgeous CX

Posted Image

Wow, those Beaulieu pics bring back some good memories.

What happened to the zephyr hearse?

Rust was eating its way through it so I sold it to a friend in the Zephyr club who had restored saloons before but even he could not save it. It finally went round the track at Standlake in 2004.

Did you go to the show in 1996 as well?

Yes, I did. I think it was the second one that the family of the original funeral director were there and recognised the number plate. Apparently the numbers 725 were chosen as they were part of his army number.

Not sure if The Car was the original or not,it used to turn up at shows in the early '90s but I can't remember finding out much about it. As for the Hearse/Girlfriend thing,mine at the time loved it.Her parents even lent me the money to buy mine 8)

Not sure if The Car was the original or not,it used to turn up at shows in the early '90s but I can't remember finding out much about it. As for the Hearse/Girlfriend thing,mine at the time loved it.Her parents even lent me the money to buy mine 8)

There used to be a car that looked like 'The Car' that drove around Colchester all the time at night around the 10 years ago, Was based on a Mk2 Granada 2.8i, Not seen it in year, Wonder if it's the same car?.

IIRC The original 'Car' was built on the chassis and bodywork of a 1970s Lincoln Continental MkIII or MkIV Coupe (either the brown one in The French Connection or the one in the Frank Cannon detective series) so I don't think the one in the pic is the be the original, as it would be bigger (and longer) than the 1980s Cadillac limo next to it.