Pez Pug 405 - £7 a ticket

RobT

I shouldn't have bought this really, as I did a Billy and spent my holiday money on it. So, better try and sell it I suppose! I paid £495 so would like to try and get that back if possible.

Full on Junkman/carlo spec, being a 2.0 automatic with lovely velour interior. It has covered many miles, 191k, but is pretty much mintola considering. The previous giffer owner has spent loads on it over the years. This included a new steering rack two years ago, but my only gripe with the car is the steering feels a tad heavy for my liking. Can the resident 405 lickers confirm if that's normal for these? The 15" wheels might not be helping, or it could just be my weedy arms. I IZ A WEAKLING.

It has everything and it all works, including AC and cruise control. Recent exhaust back box and discs and pads all round. Brakes squeak a bit when reversing, no idea why but best I mention it.

Pics are from the dealer I bought it off, but that was only a few weeks ago. It really is in cracking condition considering the mileage, and a handsome looking thing too. The only bit of grot is on the rear OS sill, and that's just some minor bubbling.

The old boy festooned it with extra Peugeot badging. I've taken the one off the front as it looked shit.

post-5013-0-83199800-1471121362_thumb.jpeg

post-5013-0-64848200-1471121389_thumb.jpeg

post-5013-0-23303400-1471121405_thumb.jpeg

post-5013-0-89267000-1471121434_thumb.jpeg

post-5013-0-73861200-1471121546_thumb.jpeg

Steering should be as easy as stamping on kittens.

So not easy at all then? Great, that means there's nowt wrong with it!

I can see a roffle coming on, as we seem to have lots for sale at the moment but not many of the other.

Yes I certainly am reading, and have to start agonising again!  Obviously saw this last month, in my favourite colour too, and with the essential cruise control.  Actually the powered steering on these can feel quite heavy after 'normal' PAS systems, but they should always feel beautifully precise.

Trouble is I'm having a bit of hassle with one of my two at the moment; one had been at a garage for five weeks with a braking problem.  Do I need a third to add to the mix?  And which one would be the daily driver?

If I'd known Rob had bought it I'd have kept in touch.  Which I probably will do....

I've put this on ebay and gumtree for £495, and not a sniff as yet (apart from an offer of £250 which I ignored).  So it's £395 to a shiter if anyone is interested.

I drove it last night back to back with the Cavalier and the steering weight seems similar, so maybe I was just being overly critical before.

• 3 weeks later...
Oh no, not another roffle….I’m afraid so.  It’s been on ebay for a few weeks and I’ve had some interest (above the usual insulting offers), but no actual viewings as yet.  So I’ll see if there’s enough interest in roffleage.

TEH DETAILS:

-Pez auto 2 litre beater

-MoT July 2017

-191,000 mega miles.  Previous owners must have been skinny buggers as the driver’s seat shows minimal wear, although it does rock about on the runners a bit.

-Almost mintola bodywork.  Just a few minor parking dings and bubbling on the rear OS sill.

-Working aircon and cruise control, the latter being GR9 for the long drive back to Stockport or Plymouth.  Everything else works too apart from the leccy door mirrors.

-Loads of handwritten giffer service history and some receipts, including new discs and pads recently, and a new alternator.

-Tyres all decent albeit a mixture, drives well but is due a cambelt as it was last done 50,000 miles ago.  It’s also a bit slow to turn over sometimes but does start, so maybe the starter motor is on its way out or something.  As mentioned previously the steering seems a tad heavy, but I’m feeble so you may find it OK.

I’ll do what DW did, and if after a few weeks some numbers are still left (say a max of 10) then the roffle will go ahead.  In the event an unclaimed number is the bonus ball, then it goes to the sixth ball drawn.  If that’s also blank then the fifth, and so on.  If the lucky* winner decides they don’t want it after all (which is fine, stuff happens) then the above situation also applies.

Anything earnt above £350 will be donated to the forum, so that's potentially £63 if all tickets are sold.

Location is this here London (South-East) and I can assist with delivery, assuming the winner doesn’t live flippin’ miles away.  2-3 hours on a train is about all I can endure these days, sorry!

5. NorfolkNWeigh

6. egg

12. Ghosty

13. Junkman

14. carlo

20. Mr_Bo11ox

23. Faker

26. eddyramrod

29. Nyphur

34. NorfolkNWeigh

37. Mr_Bo11ox

41. carlo