Memoirs from the Hard Shoulder: bASeman's Spot of the Year award.

BorniteIdentity

What about P100's? I would expect they would have used mark2 parts (what with being introduced in 1987) but I wouldn't put it past Ford to use mark 1 tooling in a cheaper factory (South Africa?) in order to save a few pennies

What about P100's? I would expect they would have used mark2 parts (what with being introduced in 1987) but I wouldn't put it past Ford to use mark 1 tooling in a cheaper factory (South Africa?) in order to save a few pennies

Good thought, but it looks like they were the later type.

post-20295-0-71942400-1523607601_thumb.jpg

Mercedes has been parked up for a few weeks, mainly because the weather has been shite.  

Took it for a drive, and there's now a drone noise on heavy breaking coming from the nearside rear.  Hoped it might free itself, but on driving it 50 miles to work this morning - it's still there.

Wotchafink?  Slightly sticky caliper?  I have to confess, I don't know whether it's discs all round on these cars - or perhaps drums at the back.  I ought to have a look really!

They're discs all round but at the rear you have seperate handbrake pads which sometimes give trouble.   Possibly related to the parking up?   There is quite a bit of stuff on the 190E forum.

This sounds very promising.  I don't normally park up with the handbrake on for extended periods, but I wasn't planning on it being parked up for 3 weeks when I parked it up.  (If that makes sense!)

Cheers man.

Are you still looking for the hub covers for the wheels? If so, this may be your lucky day.................

DSCF4633.JPG

DSCF4634.JPG

Found them in that box of Ford bits my neighbour gave me. The clips look like they are all there, just need a clean.

Yours for postage.

Not at that price. If you’ll have a beer or two then deal!

The problem with the ones I’ve found is the teeth wear on those metal rings. The more caps I have, the more I can salvage bits from.

Thanks a million man.

I need to stop calling everyone man.

Another crisis. My eldest lad was taking a real keen interest in cars and servicing etc the other day, which was heartening. Sadly, he’s jacked the car up slightly wrong and, consequently, the floorpan of the Avensis is a bit distorted.

I’m not cross in the slightest; we’ve all fucked up - and I don’t want it to put him off going forward.

What’s the trick? Carpet up inside and a BFO hammer? Slide hammer??

It doesn’t have to be pretty. It’s an old banger with space ship miles. It just feels weird in the cabin!!

These door trims look basic - rears might not fit as being from an estate the doors might have a different profile. These might have some use though?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-sierra-mk1-estate-door-panels-set/371509355219?hash=item567faee2d3:g:4AMAAOSwhkRWcEMJ

Sadly not basic enough, they have a decadent bit of cloth where a base would just have more grey plastic.

post-20295-0-80419700-1524298152_thumb.jpg

All told an enjoyable day.

Coventry was the destination to collect two doors, spotted earlier in this thread. Thanks very much!

I indulged myself on the way home. Binley Woods was such an unusual location to film a TV show. Despite its formulaic construction, I’m a sucker for the BritCom and a big fan of this show.

It had to be done.

6992171ef9febf4b2dc543758610c581.jpg

Not great photos, as I’m acutely aware that it’s someone’s home.

9b13a516c62b265e5062603e92658bcd.jpg

I’ve been to TV locations before, many times in fact. But there was a great feeling to be on hallowed turf. Just disappointed not to be invited in for tea!

Here are the doors. I’m delighted with them, they are absolutely spotless. Just two different colours. There’s work to do - the front is electric (which I didn’t think about) and they need de-trimming.

Nothing is impossible tho, right?

b538095852fea8d665e56f1102d5e706.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk