1998 Smart & Pulse MoT 03/17 DRAWING TONIGHT 2/11 (flat4alfa - can't send messages to you!)

RichardK

Thank you all for your well wishes!

It's going to a good home and will serve alongside a modern 5 series.

I've never won anything before I'm over the moon

It can* be great winning a roffle on here. I have a little chuckle to myself every time I drive the Rover.

Well done mate, enjoy.

Collecshun threads and Wollarding shots are compulsory.

Thank you all for your well wishes!

It's going to a good home and will serve alongside a modern 5 series.

I've never won anything before I'm over the moon

Congratulations! Drop me a message and let me know your collection plans - I can get you from Rugby or Market Harborough stations :)

Collection has taken place.

Many miles have been covered. The vendor is a top bloke top seller of said chod.

Car got me all the way back to sunny* Chester then electrics started to act up! Every press of the window switch nocks the speedo off and puts ignition lights on! No ftp though as keeps soldiering on.

Will get this looked into! Over the moon with it to be fair.

Unfortunately due to the usage of my smart* phone Samsung s6893oei3yeo with Google maps I had to conserve battery so no collection thread unfortunately.

Car got me all the way back to sunny* Chester then electrics started to act up! Every press of the window switch nocks the speedo off and puts ignition lights on! No ftp though as keeps soldiering on.

Will get this looked into! Over the moon with it to be fair.

Unfortunately due to the usage of my smart* phone Samsung s6893oei3yeo with Google maps I had to conserve battery so no collection thread unfortunately.

Are you sure it's a smart car? That sounds decidedly French electrics! Sounds the perfect thing to start a new thread on its antics.

Btw, if you ever get bored/fed up with it, you always have a willing buyer here. :)

Its in Chester now?! Oh god, thats alarmingly close... please dont sell it any time soon  :lol:

They were made in France if memory serves, so maybe the odd electrical gremlin is to be expected. I recall mine used to flash various dash lights for no reason & also liked to eat front and rear bulbs for fun - of course the smart designers ensured they are easy* to change. 

I Would say it's a bad earth as it only happens very occasionally when the heater lights stereo etc get a bit of use.

I found the way round it is to put the windows down when the car is stationary and then the speedo doesn't stick.

If you notice the battery is newish as it was changed just before I bought it earlier in the year so maybe the battery earth strap needs a clean up.

It's a very good example and has had some money thrown at the old girl over the past couple of years so I think you've got a real goodun there.

Ah thanks for that! Will check the earth's in the week

I'm over the moon with it. The drive home was brilliant. If I was being honest I was dreading it lots of nervous thoughts about it shitting it's self on the m6 etc but it just kept going and going got some funny looks on the outside Lane passing range rovers and cars of similar stature! Brilliant