VW Caddy TDI £400

Lacquer Peel

I'm currently trying to buy PBK's ex-JohnK Audi. One helpful way to do that would be to sell my van on the way there.

It's a 2004 registered VW Caddy TDI with the old VE engine so it's suitable for all the fuels.

It runs well and does 60MPG driven very carefully or 45-50MPG on average.

90bhp and 150lb/ft of torque so it goes well for an older small van, more than keeps up with traffic and it's quite fun to drive, it shares its front suspension with the mk2 Golf and Corrado. So imagine one of them with a rear beam, leaf springs and a torquey diesel.

Full disclosure: NOT A BRAND NEW VAN M8.

It's scruffy with blebs of rust and bits I've improved* with radiator paint and kurust. It's rough but solid, no rust mentioned at the last MOT which expires next April.

The flywheel judders at idle sometimes and at parking speeds, blipping the accelerator stops it. It hasn't got any worse over the 18k miles I've driven it. It's reading over 180k now and rising.

The steering clonks sometimes and wanders a little over bumpy surfaces like cat's eyes, I think it's a track rod.

I've recently replaced all the front wishbone bushes, a ball joint, ARB drop link, front discs and pads.

Free delivery anywhere between here and bub's Picasso in London or PBK's Audi in Derby depending on how it works out.

3cab99fdc7565ccc5a92e542a768caf8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...