How are you progressing with the SA injection setup?
Glad you like the writeup, I probably include too many photos but as I've got them I sort of thought why not.
The EFI project has been a bit of an experiment, there was alway going to be some room for development. I'd not expected to have the engine apart so early. but in some ways its been good to know that it does still come apart fairly easily. I had been concerned that all the throttle bodies would have to come off to get to the inlet manifold bolts. Fortunately I was able to get them out without disturbing any of the injection setup.
I wish I'd sat the samcor manifold & plenum on there for a look while i had the inlet off but it was wrapped up in storage and I did not really have time. I've got two other 3.1 essex blocks which would make a reasonable base for the SAMCOR setup, or alternatively I could fit it to my Scimitar GT which has sat in the garage unloved since I started playing with the GTE's engine. The expense of buying another ECU has prevented me from doing more with it (£850-£950.)
The downside of all this attention the GTE's engine is getting is that I'm not getting any other jobs done...
The Rebel Van needs an engine rebuild,
Both Scimitar GT's need MOTing,
The xflow rebel still needs a cluch, MOT and front end.
The GTE is part rubbed down for new paint after the deers incident and is desperate for at least some primer...