Colt ROFFLEd

dollywobbler

Doesn't really seem like much of a muddle to me. Its not like people are turning up and kicking tyres etc over a period of days, its all getting sorted in a relatively short amount of time and its unlikely DW is going to be lumbered with it for weeks whilst its sorted out.

He'll be lumbered with it for about 3 and a half more hours :)

Or the ones who simply message:

"300.00"

On your ad for a £600 car that's been up for 3 days. The joys.

I've discovered the reason behind emails from gumtree in reply to an ad that are just a number with nothing else.

It's because somebody made an offer in the little box that appears on the advert, but gumtree's system is so shit it can't process it as "somebody has made an offer" and instead just titles the email "a message from a potential buyer"

Durr.

Ah yes. I forgot to mention that. Does settle down after a bit. Couldn't decide if there was a genuine leak, of if it's just because of the amount you inevitably end up spilling when filling up. 

Oh and I don't wish to worry you, but that bloomin' Rover has crashed into the back of it by the look of that photo. I'd have a word. ;)

I think everything is done with the best of intentions. Certainly, for me, with the Prelude, it was more a case of donating a tenner to assist and for a bit of fun, with no thought of ever winning or plan for what might happen in the event of winning and then the realisation of the implications and complications of winning dawns and spoils things - so very much like voting "Leave" in the EU referendum - and a car costing a tenner could cost a day off work and a couple of hundred quid. Great if you really want it. Not if you were just trying to help it along.

I'll only get into a raffle now if I actually want the car.

Right folks - hands up - it was me. I know it's a piss weak excuse but I am away on hols in France with my small daughter and I haven't been keeping up with the site and emails like i should've. Profuse apologies to DW and everyone else. I fly home on Weds - I will do my best to make it up to you all in whatever way seems appropriate as soon as I can - truly sorry to have put you all to so much bother.

I did muse on a previous roffle thread that the open ended nature of them is a bit like spread betting, but I will 100% step up as soon as I can although I do have my daughter in my sole charge for another few days.

Thanks to DW who showed fab restraint not naming and shaming (although I guess it was obvious).

For clarity I should say -

Didn't realise the roffle was on so soon - and missed dw's pm as I didn't log on to anything at the weekend.

I did intend to collect the car if I'd won and am still happy to have it if something can be arranged.

Happy to do whatever the autoshite massive frels fair.

Will reimburse costs for shiters who stepped in.

Isn't the AS rule* that you now have to find an obscure bit of motoring trivia and present it to the forum in a new thread, complete with pictures.

That's lucky as I spent a happy hour (blissfully unaware of the chaos I'd caused at home) trying to translate a french magazine article about how to get a historic carte grise and why it's a good idea - even though I am never likely to need a carte grise of any kind ever.

Y0 Kiltox don't worry about the fuel guage, just find out how many miles are in a full tank and reset your trip meter when you fill up! That's what I do. Saves money/faffing!

Yeah, that'd work if you could reliably fill the tank. Problem is, the dodgy filler neck means you're never entirely sure if you've actually managed to fill it or not. I'd still reset the trip. My record is 340 miles before bottling it and filling up. I've no idea what MPG it manages to do.

Indeed.  ebay resolution centre job as the part never came.  Shame as it was only a tenner or something.

Edit: I only raised it as an issue as the seller wan't replying to emails after a few weeks.  I'm not one of those who goes straight to dispute if it doesn't turn up within 3 days!