Ace Classics 08 16

seth

As pennance for selling a modern car which ended up in the main part of this forum here's a few snaps from earlier this evening at the Ace.  I had to leave before 7 so I'm sure I missed loads of other interesting things but the weather meant there was a reasonable turnot from early on.

_MG_6070.jpg

_MG_6075.jpg

A nice EU medly.

_MG_6079.jpg

3 wonderful old Lotuses.  One closest to the camera is Climax powered.

_MG_6081.jpg

_MG_6084.jpg

Al modern cars look the same.

_MG_6086.jpg

_MG_6089.jpg

_MG_6090.jpg

That's yer lot.

Great stuff seth, feel free to post as much of this stuff up as you like. I was about to comment that the CX looked to be riding on a Volvo 340 steel wheel but on second thoughts, it appears to be a CX alloy I didn't know about before - seems there were quite a few styles.

That photo of your Minx and a Maxi are causing a bit of optical confusion - the headlights and number plate give the game away that the Minx is lowered, yet there's very little difference in roof height between the two! Was the Minx a Rancho of its day?

CX looked to be riding on a Volvo 340 steel wheel but on second thoughts, it appears to be a CX alloy I didn't know about before - seems there were quite a few styles.

I was momentarily perplexed, too, but it's just one of these...

DSC01361.JPG

...with the light hitting it in a strange way.

Sorry about the clumsy and aesthetically displeasing thread deviation, but these things are very important.

That photo of your Minx and a Maxi are causing a bit of optical confusion - the headlights and number plate give the game away that the Minx is lowered, yet there's very little difference in roof height between the two! Was the Minx a Rancho of its day?

Maxi's probably just sagging!

Minx might well have started a bit higher than a Maxi.  May be partly to do with the angle of the photo and the fact that the HIllman sits nose down a bit whereas the Maxi is level or squatting back a little.

Maxis always seem to have a lower roof line than their contemporaries.  I think it's mostly down to the FWD layout where many cars of the period were RWD which tends to mean everything has to be a bit higher inside and the roof line goes up on the outside.