'57' Vauxhall Vectra Estate for sale.

seth

We've been let down by a neighbours freind who supposedly wanted this car so we're looking to get rid of it asap as its replacement is coming this week.

My In-laws have owned this since it was a year old and it was dealer serviced until a couple of years ago.  Its a 1.8 petrol, only got 56,000miles on it now.  It has a tow bar and was used by them until a  couple of years ago for towing a light folding caravan. I dunno what else, its a modern so it does lots of things as it should I suppose. 

Only problems I know about are windscreen washers which are not currently spraying and the air con which was re-charged a year or so back but is not blowing cold again now.  A couple of the tyres were 'advised' on the last MOT which was in January.

'We buy any car' have offered £1050 online so it is here, available to a beige forumite for the knock down price of £1000.

Sorry, don't have decent photos of it since I generally only take photos of interesting cars.  I'll get some tomorrow. This one is from a couple of years ago and remarkably it still looks like a Vectra even now.

IMG_20140417_115805_423.jpg

(NB I posted this in the 'open forum' bit as I figured it was not at all shite related but someone moved it here!)

Me 'nd her were talking about this motor just now.

So its a bag o' sand to buy, probably cost a bit of time to clear the washer bottle out, or a new pump maybe for what? £20.

Aircon might be a regas for £50 or it might need £500 chucking at it tops.

Then she pointed out (cos we're LPG fans) that around £900 to convert this low mileage motor and you'd have a bloody huge 2008 regd estate car thats only covered 56k doing the equivalent of 60mpg fuel costwise, for a total of between £2 and £2.5k, where the fuck could you find that without starship miles or a DPF or some other ticking time bomb waiting to bite you in the arse.

Me 'nd her were talking about this motor just now.

So its a bag o' sand to buy, probably cost a bit of time to clear the washer bottle out, or a new pump maybe for what? £20.

Aircon might be a regas for £50 or it might need £500 chucking at it tops.

Then she pointed out (cos we're LPG fans) that around £900 to convert this low mileage motor and you'd have a bloody huge 2008 regd estate car thats only covered 56k doing the equivalent of 60mpg fuel costwise, for a total of between £2 and £2.5k, where the fuck could you find that without starship miles or a DPF or some other ticking time bomb waiting to bite you in the arse.

Sounds like a sale to me!

Here are some more photos taken today.

_MG_6064.jpg

_MG_6065.jpg

_MG_6066.jpg

_MG_6063.jpg

_MG_6068.jpg

_MG_6067.jpg

_MG_6069.jpg

There's a coupe of small dings in the top of the bonnet and the odd light scrape to the paint etc. which I feel is fairly inevitable with elderly ownership...    Interior would benefit from a thorough valet but is presentable enough.

I have found a receipt for a cambelt done as part of a major service at 40k miles in 2012.

As the replies to this thread would seem to indicate, this is a cheap, very useful car with a decent length MOT so we're not really interested in faffing about.  But we could help with collection/delivery within a reasonable distance and may be able to get it to Manchester soon as well for the price of the fuel (if a deposit was paid beforehand)

just think if the turbo/egr/dpf/dualmassflywheel went on your diesel Vectra you could have bought this for less than the probable repair costs. I think a modern petrol has a lot going for it. How many miles of petrol could you buy for the price of a dual mass supplied and fitted? I have still recently bought a 2010 leon 1.9tdi because I like the 50 mpg average. I must need my head looking at.