Focus Ghia Estate TDCi

Bren

Focus ghia TDCI - 51 plate.

127 k. MOT end dec 16. 4 new tyres, 6 disc changer , remote locking. Air con could do with a regas, rear n/s window regulator could do with replacement.

Paintwork is good for age, interior is also clean. Will need welding on sill for next MOT as shown. Clutch/ flywheel done at 80k. Oil done 3k ago (ford filter), pollen filter and brake fluid 12 months old. Rear pads done in last 12 months. Parcel shelf still present and works.

post-4771-0-83620400-1470656708_thumb.jpegpost-4771-0-42646900-1470656739_thumb.jpegpost-4771-0-82169100-1470656763_thumb.jpegpost-4771-0-38925800-1470656786_thumb.jpegpost-4771-0-82084000-1470656801_thumb.jpeg

Looking for £400 - £60 of welding should get another ticket on it with no other issues.

• 3 weeks later...

Car was offered for sale on the basis that since having another child it was too small for when we go camping / holiday. Unfortunately we could not find anything better before our annual holiday to Devon so I shelled out and had the window and aircon sorted. Wife is now schlepping around Devon in it - we had no qualms abot doing 1k miles in two weeks - it really runs that well. Once welded I will MOT it and put it up again - but I will be asking more than £400.

Too small ?  FFS, Back in the day, when Tents were BIG, my parents took 6 people in a Cortina estate camping in Germany for 2 weeks with a 5 person frame tent and a 2 person little tent.

The frame for that frame tent would not fit in the boot of a BINI when folded up. 

What we did have was a Dog guard and stuff piled to the roof. The 4 kids aged 6, 8, 20 and 18 sat on the blow up matresses, and sleeping bags in the back. There was a flat roof rack for 2 tables and 6 chairs.

Too small ?  FFS, Back in the day, when Tents were BIG, my parents took 6 people in a Cortina estate camping in Germany for 2 weeks with a 5 person frame tent and a 2 person little tent.

The frame for that frame tent would not fit in the boot of a BINI when folded up. 

What we did have was a Dog guard and stuff piled to the roof. The 4 kids aged 6, 8, 20 and 18 sat on the blow up matresses, and sleeping bags in the back. There was a flat roof rack for 2 tables and 6 chairs.

We take a lot of shit with us when we camp.....

• 5 weeks later...

No - simply because everything we looked at was clapped out shite. I got in the focus after looking at other cars and realised how quiet it was and how well it drives.

I had the aircon regassed, rear window fixed and I have welded the sill. The pollen, air and diesel filters have just been changed.

The MOT expires end of Dec - I will keep it until then and see what the new year brings.

There is loads of clapped out cars for sale at above book prices - too many private owners think they are Dominic Littlewood.

• 2 weeks later...

This is up for sale again. Having MOT on Friday.

I have repaired the sill, regassed the aircon and fixed the rear window. Diesel, air and pollen filters replaced.

Nearly new toyo proxes. Lots of history, spare key handboks and service book.

You will struggle to find a cleaner Mk1 than this.

Assuming MOT goes ok I will be asking £650.

'I really want this car but I've only got £7.12 and my dog died recently...'

'£150 pik up 2nite'

'What's the lowest you'll take?'

'Does this car have a full stamped service history by Ford? Would you agree to an independent test by the ADAC in Düsseldorf? Could you provide some sort of 24,000 mile warranty on the car?'

Then finally before you lose the plot

'Sorry m8 can't come tonite, found a Focus for £150 nearer me and my mechanic says yours is FUCKING SHIT. However I'm prepared to take it on if you'll drop the price to £175.

• 2 weeks later...

I put the car on gumtree but could only attract "whats your lowest price" type offers. Guy from Runcorn offered "£450" but never turned up. I priced the car at £695 but kept dropping it until it hit £575.

In desperation I wanged it on ebay not expecting a great deal. Nobody viewed it but quite a few people bid on it - it went for £731. It is now on it's way to it's new home in Stoke.

I was sad to see it go as it has been a brilliant car - I feel shite because I am worried that the vectra is going to turn into a lemon.

I put the car on gumtree but could only attract "whats your lowest price" type offers. Guy from Runcorn offered "£450" but never turned up. I priced the car at £695 but kept dropping it until it hit £575.

In desperation I wanged it on ebay not expecting a great deal. Nobody viewed it but quite a few people bid on it - it went for £731. It is now on it's way to it's new home in Stoke.

I was sad to see it go as it has been a brilliant car - I feel shite because I am worried that the vectra is going to turn into a lemon.

Weird how the world works.  When selling the astra the other week, I priced it on MongTree and Pistonheads Classified at £750.

I was prepared to GIVE it to my nephew if nobody offered at least £650.

I had 2 genuine Callers off Gumtree, both Middle-aged women, both bringing their husbands to look at it. Both understood that it would need a cambelt and the service history was a bit sparse for a 54K car - all MOT history, but no service book or stamps, and I never bothered to record the 4 oil changes I did - because erm CBA.

1st one came in the Dark and within 1 hour the money was in my account and the car was hers.  I posted her the spare key 3 days later. 

I phoned the other who seemed genuinely upset, as if she'd known there was someone else looking before her she'd have come earlier.

Not a peep off pistonheads - it was a long shot, but I figured a "sport" and 16 inch alloys might appeal to lads of a certain age.

No mouth breathers, or anyone offering a broken X box - just 2 genuinely pleasant women.