£150/£200 motorbike reqd

twosmoke300

I've arranged a stupid challenge with our trail riding group and need a bike for £150 quid .

Our challenge is to buy for 150 - 50 to fettle then we are going to do our own hare and hounds race at a local enduro track .

Pretty much anything considered but no 50's cos I'm 17 stone and enduro tracks have hills to climb .

Good luck - they are like white dog turds - out there but scarce.

I have been looking for something now for a few months - and failed, even stuff at Autojumbles has been north of £300 by quite a long way.

I have revised my budget to between £300 and £600 now.

Guest Burger1

Yep you'll struggle at that price unless it's some Chinese shite that's prob fkd or dam near it even auld dt, rm, xt ect ect that are no runnin are going for stupid cash. And yet I've an auld st11 (pan euro) a canny sell, heavy and high miles = no chance, good bike aswell but with my right arm getting worse at the joint from bike smash years ago, it's getting out of bounds for me too, shite..

Nowt in my price range in that link

What does Mr Womble want to know

How much and any MOT?

Nowt in my price range in that link

Ah, original ad for a CBR125 gone  - no reg plate or doc's, no key, "hotwired" and a white bike badly rattle can painted blue all for £150

You sold the bandit for 200?

I sure did, it was advertised at more but I am getting miffed with trying to sell things as my heeds all over the place.

In my defence though I only paid £150 for it and £20 on exhaust gaskets so was pleased to get it out of my hair.

I've got a 1998 Aprilia Pegaso 650 in the garage, hasn't been run in a few years due to what I think is a carb issue.  It failed to start one morning and didn't fix itself when I got back home off the bus, so (after the wife surprisingly said yes) I went out and bought a brand new bike as I desperately needed transport.  It had a few recent* replacement parts, coil, sprag clutch, fork oil seals...

...I think I'd want a bit more than your budget and the bike is in Nottingham though.

*before being parked up approx. three years ago, it has been kept inside though.

Good luck - they are like white dog turds - out there but scarce.

I have been looking for something now for a few months - and failed, even stuff at Autojumbles has been north of £300 by quite a long way.

I have revised my budget to between £300 and £600 now.

Put 400 into eBay and just buy the closest with the longest not

Don't be fussy

I've got a 1998 Aprilia Pegaso 650 in the garage, hasn't been run in a few years due to what I think is a carb issue.  It failed to start one morning and didn't fix itself when I got back home off the bus, so (after the wife surprisingly said yes) I went out and bought a brand new bike as I desperately needed transport.  It had a few recent* replacement parts, coil, sprag clutch, fork oil seals...

...I think I'd want a bit more than your budget and the bike is in Nottingham though.

*before being parked up approx. three years ago, it has been kept inside though.

Hmmmm... More by how many quids?

not so good when picking them up off the floor though.

There's a knack to it Ken, so even the laydees can do it :D

Forget the idea about a Pan Euro though, too reliable. You need an old man's bike like a BMW footwarmer that frequently shits its final drive or for top Autoshite points something a bit crap like a Honda Pacific Coast 800.