Toyotally Fixerating Bitz 'n Bobs.. A Diary

tooSavvy

Bit of 'digital caliper action' shows my new pipe to be 55mm O/D [2mm wall] = 51mm I/D

AFAIK my factory pipe is 46mm O/D but as I'm going to need 'wiggle room' for the correct alignment after the axle... I reckon a good splodge of paste + extreme tightening should see everything secured :)

Clamps £1.60 @Halfrauds. Can't beat the price online with post added

Had a good rummage thru my 'scrappy auld shite/never find any use for..' box and have sufficient angle to construct the mounting bracketry.

I don't want a U-bolt on the tailpipe with a spar, disappearing up under the rear end...

I'm going to take a mount off the oval body by wrapping a rib round it with an eye, then bolt to the hanger. These 'sleeves' are available online = too much ££

Neat & Factory look ;)

Good tools [should...] last a lifetime!

45315086092_353fc5e535.jpg

.... Not quite a lifetime but last used on my 3potta 1L Suzuki Swift. 15yr ago!!

When the exhaust opens up I'm going to retune the carb and check the running advance [13° with nothing unplugged].

Rather looking forward to 'non laptop tuning' ;)

TODAY:

I will be mostly.....

44794589714_bc979a07f7.jpg

:)

.... Bit of a marathon job. All straightforward/expected tasks but the pipe goes OVER the rear susp frame so tricky to centre equally/no knocking...

Corolla goes through the centreline UNDER the suspension pivots... Much more straightforward :/

Sounds just right, muted burble and it seems to scream up to 7k with renewed vigour ;)

Since 'barrying' the back box I have a verrrry annoying 'clunk' from the bootfloor region....

I gave everything a good Heave-Ho after fitting but, after going under earlier, I'm suspicious it is swaying and clouting the tie bar bolt/bracket FUCKSTIKS... Grrr :(

However :) I have all sorts of bracketry in my 'scrap/rummage box' so.....

44733841445_a4132c5180.jpg

30707114267_8228df6b2b.jpg

We Will *See ;)

*hoonfactor9 = no knock Winnah!

£5 oil filter. Meh..

My high ramps won't fit under the lip spoiler :(

44833820425_2513bb6763.jpg

The highly efficient 'air streaming' under tray is GR9 except when you need to reach up to unscrew the oil filter... A neat hacksaw slot resolves the issue, in true DIY fashion :)

31875989258_06075106b8.jpg

.... let the dog see the rabbit ....

45022789954_351c8beaa8.jpg

Sorted ;)