Toyotally Fixerating Bitz 'n Bobs.. A Diary

tooSavvy

Well.... Collectioneering now safely completed, it's down to finding out what needs titivating and/or Replacing....

The offending Weapon...

34939263444_1ae79bd3cf_c.jpg

Q1. Anyone know what this is for/does (the pipe to the hot ex/cold mornings starting) is off to the right?

35391724010_3b99a70c5a_c.jpg

... and I shudder to think what all these rubber pipes do (and will be considering binning it all!!)

35779678565_65a18f68f8_c.jpg

My first FTP!! (well FT..O) to be precise.. I couldn't get the flipper/lever to pop the bonnet open.

I got my waterpumps on the actual cable as it exits the bracket (under the dash) and heaved mightily :?

BONGGGG... It popped.. However, I see it is all lathered in grease and NOT sticky, at all. I reclosed the bonnet with the smallest of drops and it opened again without any trouble.

A lesson learned... 3" drop ONLY :-P

Looking to sort out 14x6j wheels atm. VW are the likely choice. Nice alloys on the Bayy... really prefer steel, though.

Keep looking in, folks!

TS

Q1 - it the box thing hollow? its looks a bit like the resonator thing on the Nissan intake pipe. Thats hollow and prevents pressure wave harmonics (not my words) from pressurising the engine. See:

https://www.reference.com/vehicles/air-intake-resonator-c953d81b49ffe3d1

as a second purpose it also muffles the sound of the engine, which is what I thought the primary purpose was.

Is this the end of days? is it truly the Rapture?

A tooSavvy with coherent prose and in focus pictures?

*faints*

seriously though, that looks in decent (if dusty) condition.

Regarding the rubber pipes for the Spi, I'd be inclined to just get some hose and replace them one at a time. I had an old Seat Toledo with Spi, and replacing the pipes on that made a helouva difference.

for wheels be careful with the VW wheels- a lot of them have odd offsets. I'd maybe look at either tyreleader or mytyres as I think both offer the wbility to buy steels

https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/steel-wheels/toyota/

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/Complete_wheels.html

best of luck!

Cheers all!

I have 'won' A$, and I'm very grateful to be facing the herculean task of.... err.... finding things to complain about [only if I'm really picky] cos the car IZZ MINT ;)

VW.. 4x100 ET38 hubcentric rings needed. 6jjx14 steel are out there :)

What is SPi? The car has (I imagine) twinchoke/vac op secondary choke carb??

http://m.ebay.com/itm/262557891681

TS

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alloy-Wheels-tyres-4x100-Golf-Caddy-Lupo/222204340776?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131017132637%26meid%3D3c92084dfeec4416a41eb6baefa1e9d5%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D222204340776

35391469200_35220605a5_c.jpg

... and the tyres arent 'ditchhies' 195/50x15

I have asked him to confirm 15x [??] and the ET of them.

Gateshead FTW

**UPDATE** 15x7 ET37, confirmed by the guy.... I'm in contact as we speak... £TON :-P

Kolleksiunn 8PM tmozz (taking a very bright torch...lol)

TS

Car is becoming immersed in 'da scene, man!' >> some C*NT has keyed my back door :(

You know... You live long enough & every form of pond dweller will make a mark.

To say I'm miffed is low on the murder ratchet meter :( :(

Ah well.... Tyres....

TS

I noticed drivers brake bulb out... Popped boot and checked to see if the lamps are 'through the back' of the light outer. NOPE!

Unscrewed two totally 'factory' cross head bolts and pulled free the lamp complete - it has two 'pip/popper' clips in the wing to hold the front wrap around section and they 'popped out' easily. Half twist to free the holder... fresh twin filament inserted... reinsert & HBOL reassembly is...

Everything on this car is mintty fresh... made to be taken apart (carefully) and then perfectly machined to go back just as good...

I'm dubious as to whether 7" rims are going to fit.... Rimz are OZ & good to go tyres... I wouldn't see a loss if I have to move them on  :-D

TS

Haynes never did a HBOL. There was a US series book AFAIK.

Toyotaforum advise get the '91 Corolla Haynes... So I have.

Charity shop, on Amazon £7 delivered.

All the spannering bits are the same, just trim & some wiring/dash differences :)

TS

195mm is about 7.5 inch.

If the stock tyres were 195/60/14 they were probably fitted to 6.5j wheels.

I think the 7j wheels will go on but its all about offset.

Yup.... 38ET stock... I won't kick 37ET out of bed ;)

I'm having lunch in Hexham atm, en route to Carlisle for week break.

Being at ffinn work all the time means allyfitting has to wait till next week (second half of my fortnight).

What was that? Hows the car on the A69??

...boring..boring..boring..boring.. FAB!! :)

TS

oof! A Fault!!

Errr.. If I accidentally push the lights/flasher stalk forward [high beam, were the lights ON] and try to indicate Right >> won't indicate :(

However, Left is OK...

Probability of Highbeam on/Indicating strikes me as part of sensible mens Lottery Win rituals... NEVER :)

Just forget about it....

TS

Try some silicon spray, it worked wonders for the sticky wiper stalk of my Loopoo.

HBOL & hubcentric rings here when I got home :)

34939276604_9d855fbff5_c.jpg

... also my B&Q sourced 'centre caps' 8)

Discovered another quirk... Pulling the wiper stalk gives you a single/multi cleaning swipe BUT no water!
You have to press the tit on the stalk end for a douche..

Odd, I say ;)

*DaaChaaa have the horn peeper there, on light stalk...

TS

Those hubcentric rings ^^^ above are VW down to Toyyo.

As my OZ alloys were from a Caddy I assumed they were hub fitted... And as I got the wheels just as I went away on hols I didn't look too closely :(

Alas its not!

The wheels are 68.1 bore (an OZ standard it seems) so I have just popped for 4 more rings... all is not lost, however, if I change my mind and get VW steels then I'm ringged up :)

Friday delivery woohoo

TS

"Discovered another quirk... Pulling the wiper stalk gives you a single/multi cleaning swipe BUT no water!

You have to press the tit on the stalk end for a douche.."

Of the 4 Japanese cars here today, two work like this and two squirt and wipe with a pull.

Today I got shot of those godawful SunVisors...... :?

The wouldn't swing down/stay up... out of the way... and moving them sounded like a door catching on the wing!!

A quick trip along the Tyne to Ouseburn, Pringles Dismantlers, had me ahold of two of GMs finest... lately off Corsa @ £10.

Off with the old
34969736453_0893430848_c.jpg

And we now have two civilised flapperoos + they go up & down and side to side [for side sunblinding]
35779788775_4cb4eaf453_c.jpg

.... looking from outside...
35779793205_88bf6b3f9c_c.jpg

Can't stand $hitey crap that is no damn use.....

TS :-P