Poncing up Percy much chromage

Rocket88

]Update.....................been wondering how [or indeed, what] to do about the front grille / bumper arrangement. The old bumper cover was a right mess, holed, rippled, and not v. pretty, and the grille, although in good condition was, well, dull.

Started by chopping out most of the area behind the front grille, and putting a strengthening plate behind the vertical strut where the bonnet latch lives

post-2866-0-57548000-1470507861_thumb.jpg

Stripped off the bumper cover from the bumper blade

post-2866-0-80436300-1470508009_thumb.jpg

I'm going to use this as the basis for the new bumper.

Managed to score this off ebay for the princely sum of £6..might come in useful...............

post-2866-0-67522500-1470508104_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

post-2866-0-92018500-1472483819_thumb.jpg

This what the front used to look like.

Right, so after much titting about with chrome tubing, which looked shit and was generally a massive phail, I've at lsat got something that looks [to me] half decent. I managed to score [for £30] off ebay, and local to me, a load of old chrome bumpers, and some odd over riders.

Amongst these was a bumper with exactly the right profile and width to replace the original. I also cut down one of the others to use as the basis for a grille.

post-2866-0-45617000-1472483130_thumb.jpg

this was cunningly attached with a bracket held on by 4 B&Q drawer pulls.........................

Now I just have to figure out where [and what] lights I'm going to fit...................

It looks like you are doing an awesome job with the wood.

Looks like something I would do to cover a dent or a rotten panel.

But I would do just one piece of wood, held on with Dexion shelving bolts and brush painted with an almost matching dulux tester pot.

Moar bumper / grille news............................................................

post-2866-0-56128600-1472641514_thumb.jpg

As anyone who's ever modified anything kno, the trickiest bit is trying to work out how to finesse the small details...........................

This is what I'm going with............with small, freestanding projector lights suspended from the slam panel...........post-2866-0-41781800-1472641886_thumb.jpg

As I said, thing is following no discernable "style" template, apart from "that looks a bit shit, mate"......................

As with any mods, you have an idea, you sketch it out, you make it, you fit it, it looks shit, you bin it, you start again.............repeat ad nauseum.

• 2 weeks later...