1969 AMC Javelin SST

Mike D

My mate has had this for a few years now, bought off the legendary Ratdat, he;s done about 300 miles in 5 years in it due to having kids etc, and has just bought a new house so it's time for it to go.

It's a 1969 AMC Javelin SST. It seems to have been a pretty competitive drag car at some point in its life, however the original cammed up high comp 390 ci engine burned a piston, so it's running a rebuilt 360ci at present. The 390 is still with it though, requiring a rebuild and new pistons still.

Specs are:

1969 AMC Javelin SST (390)

360ci engine

Manual! 4 speed

power steering and power brakes

rear end is, I believe, a ford 9". It has strange axles - car is ladder barred.

It's pretty damn solid. it shouldn't want any welding.

It's red! It was painted by my mate about 6 years ago, he's a sprayer by trade, but we did it in my garage so it's good but not perfect.

14" slotmag wheels

It's R plate is from back in the day registration of imports, it's definitely a '69, and is tax exempt.

It has been sat in his garage for the past few years, and the brakes are sticking a bit. It has no MOT at present, (ran out 2014)but with the brakes sorted I cant see much difficulty in obtaining a pass. The bumpers could do with rechroming but look respectable

I'm waiting on some more recent pics off him but it still looks pretty much identical to the following ones

post-177-0-08412400-1470168548_thumb.jpg

post-177-0-44430100-1470168561_thumb.jpg

post-177-0-99871500-1470168583_thumb.jpg

He's after 6k for a no messing sale, theyre on the up price wise, especially for these early non goppingly arched ones.

It's near Cleethorpes in Lincolnshire. I'd really recommend viewing, and can pick you up from the train station and provide fish and chips as necessary :D

Cheers Shiters!

On my bucket list.

Did you know some police departments used the big engined models for pursuit?

My green matchbox superfast model will have to suffice - even though it looks fuck like the actual car.