NOW WITH ADDED ROFFLING!!! An Englishman's home may be he castle, but his driveway can't be used as a (alleged) forecourt.

For Fiats Sake

Reminds me of this fellow, who was hoarding Trabants and the council made him get rid of 40 out of 49 of them.  

(Which I guess might make the magic number 9, albeit in quite a big field some distance from a path).

germ,0.jpg

He tried to appeal it, but unfortunately lost.  

I wonder what's happened since?  He should be on here.

I would politely ask them for the references to the legislation they are relying on that says you may only have 2 cars; advise that you will be doing nothing until they provide you with this and once they provide it then you be able to bring your property into compliance/ defend against it.  Advise that they send you the recording of your request and ask for a specific time for it to be actioned in - obviously tell them you are taking notes of who you speak to and when.

No such legislation exists (for road legal vehicles not dropping their guts and polluting the watercourse) so you are fine and have called their bluff

Assuming you aren't in a council house/ housing authority property.

Reminds me of this fellow, who was hoarding Trabants and the council made him get rid of 40 out of 49 of them.  

(Which I guess might make the magic number 9, albeit in quite a big field some distance from a path).

germ,0.jpg

He tried to appeal it, but unfortunately lost.  

I wonder what's happened since?  He should be on here.

Fuck me, that could have been me with pandas.....

What utter fucking snooty keeping up with the jonese's white leased audi wankstains inhabit your street?

Im living with the old lade atm but theres plenty of space and sound giffer neighbours that dont drive.

Rusty 944 down here aswell as a goona 2 and and Uno so well yeah... No white audis.

Chubby bit of stuff next door had her inlaws round with a leased pujoe and the audi 100 got some very snooty looks. Fuck em'

I often wonder what these wankers do when they park up in the A1 and go inside do they slot into a hole in the wall and just hum away, Not a shred of eccentricity or emotion boring straight laced wankers.

BTW mate i love your regatta.

Thanks God my neighbours are the kind to ask me out for a drink when they go to the pub, and the kids in the 'hood guard my cars, because they think they are "kewl".

Next door neighbour left is a builder and thus has a permaaccumulation of builder's vans parked in his front garden, arse ends obstructing half of the pavement.

Next door neighbour right is a coach driver, who couldn't care less about what I'm doing, paints my garden gate columns white when he does his, because he knows

I'll give him a Gewürztraminer as a reward.

Then there are those Russians one house down. Well, they say they are from Belarus, but for me, it's all Soviet Union.

Russki Alex and I had an insane amount of Vodka last NYE, and I won, because it's in my Austrian genes.

Towards the back to my garden, English people live, and they never missed a beat, when we called PARTY.

Alas, they have this nasty habit of smoking my house when they destroy their food in their garden on one of those transcontinental barbecues, despite they have a fitted kitchen,

a phenomenon that will never cease to amaze me. I book it under "all English people have an eating disorder" and that's it.

Should that fucking council (Stockport, MP is that Anne Coffin woman, fucking Lay Poor) even think about to destroy this harmony, I guarantee you, that there will be fierce
international opposition.

The only thing which stops me buying that Regata right now is the presence of a small Daihatsu outside the house. If that were to disappear, however...

I honestly wish I could help you with that, the Sirion is ace.

But it's about as anything else to insure for me right now and circumstances don't permit - if I get anything bought and insured it's probably going to be very old and very small.

(I keep thinking of Midgets).

Some phackts and figers 4 U.

Uno MK2 H484 GBG

999cc carbed, 4 speed.

MOT 13/5/17

14k miles.

Only known fault is speedo no longer working, I suspect the cable drive has come adrift from the gear box, but being a fattie I haven't been able to get under neath to have a look.

It had been garaged a long time and the brakes had suffered, its had a new caliper, new flexis as it was unbalanced.  I've spent more than the original purchase price on these items!

It's comfortable and roomy inside, some of the trim has been reattached with 2 inch woodscrews but it has a nokia phone kit fitted if you have an old phone!

Fun little cars to drive, loads of boot space and massive with seats folded down.

This car is totally solid underneath and apart from the drivers door so is the body.

Plan was to reshell a rotten turbo one day :(

/Ebay qwalitee fotoes beelo.

post-17396-0-27824200-1470335021_thumb.jpgpost-17396-0-25193100-1470335024_thumb.jpgpost-17396-0-64669400-1470335026_thumb.jpgpost-17396-0-47407400-1470335029_thumb.jpgpost-17396-0-59256300-1470335032_thumb.jpgpost-17396-0-02728500-1470335035_thumb.jpgpost-17396-0-10170100-1470335038_thumb.jpgpost-17396-0-01526100-1470335042_thumb.jpgpost-17396-0-03804800-1470335045_thumb.jpg

post-17396-0-51573700-1470335862_thumb.jpgpost-17396-0-89210300-1470335864_thumb.jpgpost-17396-0-15305500-1470335868_thumb.jpgpost-17396-0-64402800-1470335871_thumb.jpgpost-17396-0-16570600-1470335875_thumb.jpgpost-17396-0-94808400-1470335878_thumb.jpgpost-17396-0-31862300-1470335882_thumb.jpgpost-17396-0-63301300-1470335888_thumb.jpgpost-17396-0-88644000-1470335885_thumb.jpgpost-17396-0-31862300-1470335882_thumb.jpgEven moar phackts and figers four use.

Fiat Regata 70 comfort

65544miles

mot due 7/1/17

4speed 1.4 carbed injun

This is solid gold autoshite (denoted by gold coachline along body work)

Only know fault is running a little fast on hot idle, not a problem, I drove it back from Lundun to Halifax and had no issues.

Clutch has been adjusted so bite point is like that of a normal car, new clutch fitted by previous, previous owner.

This car is very at home on the motorway, almost wafty in ride qwalitee.

Every panel is festooned with history and character.

If it weren't for the  cunting neighbours hate campaign this wood be a keeper.

£12 a month to tax, sips fuel and will be the talking point of your neibourhood  GARANNTEAd!

apart from drivers seat interior is lovely and original with no rips or tears with a lovely wood smoke aroma.

Please buy it quick as it's breaking my heart having to sell it.  Storage is a real issue around here, been on the council garage list for over a year and nothing comes up.

V5 in my name, came this morning.

taxed until endof month.

I'll tell you now the council will be making idle threats to you to damp down a complaint. I'm sorry but we live in a democracy in the UK here where it's up to the council to prove you are trading cars, not for you to prove you aren't. I'd ring them up and take them to task on it. Show them you are clued up on this and they'll bale. They are hoping you'll buckle and the said neighbour is happy and leaves them alone.

If you know whose grassed you up, politely ask them what the problem is? They've no more right than you to start dictating what others are doing.

Slight tangent but is this of any use or interest?

This bloke sounds like he's testing the water with the price and is more interested in someone to look after his investment.

Either way, he's negotiable.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/parking-garage-offered/block-of-6-lock-up-garages-to-rent-in-mirfield-west-yorkshire/1178728440

This is wank. If it were me I'd be buying more eyesore grade shitters to park outside the complainants house, but I can understand not wanting the arseache.

I've seen the Regata up close and can confirm the AS rating is 110%/10, its supa dupa hot. Someone get it bought.

I haven't been back in touch with the council yet, I'll try again on my day off.

One thing that struck me the other day is that the neighbour opposite the complainant has 3 caravans in his garden.  I wonder if they've been on the end of a their wrath at some point too?

The new neighbour offset but opposite me asked me not to park a line of cars outside his this morning.  I assured him it would only be for 30mins, then left it for 2 hours.  He doesn't own the fucking street, I parked one car not even in line with his poxy plot, verdict - another twat for the close.

To be honest the car situation has got a little out of hand, even getting rid of two panda's that weren't been used has only freed up the garden to become a lawn again, at the very least I could do to shift one of the Fiats and my donor car to give me a little space to work in.  I had to change the wheels on the 4x4 and it had to be done on the road/pavement so not ideal.

I really don't want to take on the expense of a garage(s), the cars will probably get less use if they are tucked away too.

One plan I have been thinking about is putting a large high gate across the carport, hiding 2/3 cars behind there, leaving the two dailies and the caravan on the visible front drive.

I don't think the council can do anything as I'm not a business so won't be applying for planning permission, a bloke at the top of the street has three (liveried) commercial vehicles and a caravan on his property and I doubt he has planning either.

Bottom line is I need at least one of the pair to go at least, especially as the cost of the 4x4 engine swap has just increased by a third, so it can be looked at as a necessary evil of needing a bit of moolah.

The Uno came from Manchester suburbs.

I've emailed the garage guy, just to see what's what, if he didn't mind me subletting a few it could work out well.

The regata spare is an old fiat rim, been looking for a set for years and not found one for cheap enough money, that spare may well end up on a panda rim!

As long as the car port doesn't face directly onto a highway you can go up to 2m in height with any enclosure without bothering the planning authority.

Caravans on a driveway are interesting - there are often clauses in deeds to more modern properties that supposedly prevent people from doing that (presumably to retain off-road parking for daily drivers?); however people often don't realise. Of course, you need to contact the original land owners/house builders to get that enforced.

Public highway belongs to no person, so you can park wherever you like, for as long as you like as long as you do not cause obstructions obviously (i.e. not in front of a lowered kerb or blocking the footpath).

You'll be surprised how often planning is contacted by people complaining about cars parked outside their house for too long! The phrase "You don't need planning permission to park a car on a highway" often makes them realise how far off the mark contacting the planning office was....

I want the Regata.

Don't get your hopes up though, I haven't got £500 to buy it with... yet.  It's just perfect as it is and I have a lot of love for it.  However, Fiats don't fit me which is incredibly frustrating because they're brilliant to drive and that Regata is incredibly good looking.  So it's a GLWTS from me on this one and I apologise profusely for that.

Caravans on a driveway are interesting - there are often clauses in deeds to more modern properties that supposedly prevent people from doing that (presumably to retain off-road parking for daily drivers?); however people often don't realise. Of course, you need to contact the original land owners/house builders to get that enforced.

That is often employed by the developer to stop the residents who bought Phase 1 from filling their front gardens with Transit vans, caravans and motorhomes which put of the potential buyers of Phases 2 onwards. It has to be enforced by the landowner, it isn't a planning issue. Of course, finding them and getting them to enforce it when they sold the last house years back is likely a non starter.

There was some stuff in the original deeds that I saw regarding commercial use but nothing about parking.  The deeds also guarantee a right to erect a carport using next doors wall as support.  The building company is long gone so no one can enforce it now anyway.

I'm going to keep the caravan on the drive, I plan to use it for winter off roading meets.

My brother is on his second new build estate and so far hasn't had any trouble parking his T5 camper!