NOW WITH ADDED ROFFLING!!! An Englishman's home may be he castle, but his driveway can't be used as a (alleged) forecourt.

For Fiats Sake

Due to being accused of being a "unauthorised car sales/repairs" on my own land, and not wishing to apply for planning permission, I* feel the need to reduce my non-panda quotient of chod, namely the superb Regata and sublime Uno, both of which have featured within this very forum.

These need to be full and final sales only, no swaps can be entertained as the idea is to reduce my need for parking to driveway only to a single model type to help prove that I am indeed a pandafetishist only and not some king of cul-de-sac car sales.

Soo down to the cars, any interest in the Regata and Uno for £500 a piece?

Both within MOT, low miles for year and taxed* to get you home or can deliver for price of a return train ticket.

post-17396-0-02912800-1470147239_thumb.jpg

post-17396-0-07479400-1470147525_thumb.jpg 

Moar details on request as I'm currently fighting the need to buy some shiny bunting and an office sign for the caravan.

The council consider 2 cars to be the acceptable number for a drive which is the issue here.  

Incidentally I sold 2 cars this year to clear the garden and improve the look of the property.

I'm being proactive in reducing the number to get them all on my property before I dig my heels in.

There is no right to park on the road outside your house for anyone. There can be an offence under the highways act of obstruction but that is rarely, if ever pursued. There is no specific number of cars that you can have and there are quite a few problems all over the area. In Heath Hayes, there is a family of four that have eight cars, three motorcycles, and two autogyro's.

Basically, cars that are taxed and insured can be parked on the road without lights with the nearside to the kerb and not causing an obstruction. If a vehicle is left there for long, even if taxed and insured, legally, it could be classed as an obstruction.

I dealt with a guy in Chapel Street about two years ago that had a wreck on the road - he was doing it up. The Community Enforcement and Police didn't really want to know so they had to have a little push in the right direction.

Not sure that's immediately helpful...  :)

Private house, thank fuck I had the garage legitimately build within regulations or they'd probably be pulling it down by now.

Some residents got a bit upset the night I collected the caravan and left a few* cars on the street.  Had a visit from plod the following day.

Why do people have to be such cunts?

Funny things, councils.   When I was living with a previous Mrs R in a council flat they seemed very reluctant to do anything about cars left with engines running on grass amenity areas whilst their owners bought drugs from the woman in the next block.   Or, strangely enough, about their own employee who booked on every Saturday on overtime and brought the Parks and Gardens pick-up straight home at five to nine where it sat outside his flat all day while he did fuck all. 

Utter fucks, all of them,

How incredibly annoying. It's your flipping house!!!! Twats.

A friend of mine had considerable trouble with this, he had a few motors lying about but nothing really offensive - just twattish neighbours. Complaints on parking. Complaints on number of cars. Complaints on noise (note, he wasn't grinding until 11pm or anything). Claims that he was creating eyesores. Accusations of running a business (ah ha!). Opening dialogue with the council he gave as good as he got, but found dealing with the jobsworths detrimental to his blood pressure and general well-being. 

So he began a campaign of complaining to the council about absolute nonsense, "the extreme ugliness of the occupants of No. 25 are incidental to the enjoyment of my dwelling", "the gnomes at No. 17 are giving me evils" and so forth. I considered this somewhat ill-advised however the nonsense letters to the council went unanswered and the letters from them stopped. Not one neighbour said anything to his face that is until last Christmas when he upset the balance by parking a Ford Cargo horsebox in the road for two weeks while he buggered off to Corfu. There was a confrontation, with one neighbour waving a load of printed off (irrelevant) legislation about the parking of HGVs while her clearly embarrassed husband attempted to just ask if it was going to be moved elsewhere. Chris did move it that afternoon but the aggro did not stop there as the errant Cargo had marked it's territory onto the cream coloured concrete road. When the council bloke came round Chris' wife simply said "I'll sort that right now" and parked their Discovery on top of it. 

Anyway GLWTS I'd love the regata but usual excuses apply

We have 4 cars parked in our road. No-one has drives. A lot of spaces are taken by the garage at one end of the road and the Turkish social club/drug den/brothel at the other end. Mrs PBK says that neighbours winge at her but I say tell them to speak to me directly. No-one does. 

As long as your vehicles are road legal then they can FRO. 

We have 4 cars parked in our road. No-one has drives. A lot of spaces are taken by the garage at one end of the road and the Turkish social club/drug den/brothel at the other end. Mrs PBK says that neighbours winge at her but I say tell them to speak to me directly. No-one does.

As long as your vehicles are road legal then they can FRO.

You forgot random shiters abandoning their shit boxes in your road for free parking when commuting into Central London too 😂

That drug den place does look a bit suspicious mind!

Both of these look nice and not too far away either ...

For a planning enforcement team, judging when a "change of use" is required for a home-related business or "operation" is not an exact science and can vary depending on what the operation is and how large the house/plot is. With things like cats and dogs and "home boarding", it is considered that for your average house the magic number is six. Above that and it's likely a change of use is required to accommodate the home boarding business.

I have to say, I've never seen it used for cars before in a change of use scenario. The suggestion here is that your turnover of cars (x per week/month/year?) combined with the number on the driveway at any given time (three or four?) means that you are effectively running a car dealership rather than enjoying a personal hobby, and that a change of use to cover this operation is required.

It's an incredibly risky precedent. Committing to a set number and "frequency of turnover" sets a precedent that could affect a lot of people, especially if that set number is low, or the turnover considered to be "dealership standard" is not that intense. I'd say that if they served an enforcement notice on you, and you appealed, it wouldn't stand much of a chance of being upheld. Especially if you can show that you are not turning cars over frequently or making a profit! The decision to uphold the notice would effectively ban anyone in your district from owning more than two cars, or from buying/selling them within a certain time frame.

The only other time I've seen cars involved in a planning complaint was where there were a number of cars seemingly abandoned or "not in use" on a driveway/front garden. In this situation the council can serve a Section 215 notice which is effectively saying to you that you have untidy land and you need to tidy it up. Notwithstanding the condition or appearance of the chod, it wouldn't seem appropriate in your instance.

It does sound like in this case you've fallen foul of the ultimate nosey neighbours from hell, who don't like your taste in motors or the fact you dabble in them as a hobby. Look out the window. They're the ones with the A1 TFSi and the 316d on the driveway.

I'm afraid I cannot help in terms of ridding you of your motors, but I thought my work-hat may provide some extra helpful info in some way!

Thanks for all your input.

Yes, I know who it is, and the crime I committed was to park the uno opposite their house so that when they came to park their car they scratched it against their own hedge whilst turning in.  Not my fucking fault you can't drive you useless oap cunt.

I am angry, but will keep my cool, (though I did shout fucking twats out the back door a minute ago -  poor dog thought it was for her) and try to reason with the council.

I couldn't talk to the correct person today but to someone who visited my house and took pictures last week (oh the panda house!) and once I can give my side to her the matter may well be settled.

I still feel I need to lighten the load and loose the uno and regata, I will post more details and pictures tomorrow. 

What a fucking day to run out of cunting happy pills.

FWIW, Mrs Yoof, who usually identifies cars by colour only, saw the Uno and floored me by saying "Unos are wonderful. My dad had one. Five of us plus luggage used to go on holiday in one with all of the stuff stacked around our faces and stuff. It was great and absolutely awful at the same time".

Mrs Yoof complimenting your vehicle = basically a knighthood.