Alfa-tastic Shite 156 related goodness

srad34

Hi all

I placed a a cheeky bid on a Red Alfa 156 this morning, pretty local so collection fred to follow.

We have had two of these before and I adored bith of them both, but were sold when I got given a bloody company car :-(

This one's got original Fabric Recaro seats, 2.0 twinspark, manual box, it runs and its Alfa red, whats not to like*. As an added bonus, seems pretty solid underneath too, bargainous at £185. Actually excited.

*Cept it needs and alternator and top arms replacing (as per)....

The plan is to get it roadworthy and potter about in it at weekends as I fortunately dont have to use it for work

alfa_zpst4ibgsv3.jpg

Collecting on Monday if I can russle up a car trailer....balls

I miss my 156. Those fabric recaros are some of the comfiest seats i've ever sat in and the 2.0 with a manual box was was of the best engine and gearbox combinations i've ever come across.

Red with 16" teledials is such a good looking combination as well. Next time I'd get one that didn't need all the suspension replacing and the cam belt doing.

Brilliant!. Alternator replacement is a fun job on these...

Sounds like, some say exhaust off, engine mounts out and from underneath, some say from above, I think I could get away with engine mount and moving the lump forward, time will tell!