The plan today is achieved,all sorted,no more downtime.old board now available for copy paste

daveb47

Ok,today is the day,after having another try at getting new software working correctly last night,i have given up on it for now & will wait till it has had a bit more developement & they have got rid of the bugs.

So we will be staying on old softtware (this one) until it stops being supported.

Plan today is to  close this board for posting so i can take backup of it,upload backup to autoshite.com server.then get that set up and running.

that will take several hours as it is over 20 gb.

I give it another 2-3 days max before the site is down again for some reason.

dave you are very dedicated but if you want my honest opinion, you keep trying to fix what isn't broken... and it's breaking the site in the process. Are these constant updates and switching between domains really necessary? - This is the only forum I'm on that is constantly upgrading... and it's the only one that is constantly going offline. The worst thing is that each time it seems to happen we end up switching to the other site and then finding out that a ton of posts have been lost forever.

I'm not having a dig, I'm just pointing out what plenty of other folks will be silently thinking. Apologies if that isn't going along with the general tune in this thread.

PS This version of the board is far superior to the other one anyway ;)

I seem to have lost the posts since the 10th July from Six-cylinder Motoring Notes, can they be put back?

Unfortunately not as database for new board is incompatable with this version.

But i am installing new software board somewhere else so you can copy/paste posts.

This however will take some time as over 60gb of data to upload.