A Daf 340 for a retro metro, now with Vauxhallage

nisfan

I'm normally all for the swaps but I know how much you dislike being laughed at for driving shit cars so I imagine the ridicule of driving a yellow Metro might be a little too much.

I would swap only because I haven't owned a Metro like that yet but think you could probably get a better swap with the 340 for something else.

I'm normally all for the swaps but I know how much you dislike being laughed at for driving shit cars so I imagine the ridicule of driving a yellow Metro might be a little too much.

I would swap only because I haven't owned a Metro like that yet but think you could probably get a better swap with the 340 for anything else.

I agree - with the very minor change outlined above.

I've done some questionable swaps over the last year or so but I think with the Metro you have the potential of getting bored rather quickly and end up with a car that nobody will want to buy.

I swapped the tata for a rascal then a rover metro for the tata plus trailer then sold all 3 and ended up buying the tata at a later date.

I swapped the Niva for the espace then swapped for the xantia then swapped for the 440 then swapped for the 306 then got the 440 and ended up with a Subaru Forester.

I started with an e36 318is, swapped for a Fiat 127, then a 240 and finally a W123.

On the other hand the metro has a good pcd for wheels and you have a set of ats classics which would look good on the car.

Wife had 340 then a Metro. I never liked 340 but I can understand those who do. I'd have a Metro, of course they're flawed but immensely characterful. If it's too slow it's easy to make it quicker. These two cars are like chalk and cheese, theres nothing like either today.

So i couldnt bring myself to owning a metro, FOAD mentioned that the guy had a car that i might be more to my liking so i asked the guy and all going well i should be picking this up at midnight tonight!

13643854_1094095523969588_166294529_n.jp

13624699_1094095513969589_1050954470_n.j

13644304_1094095537302920_124689396_n.jp

It will come without the cav slabs but i dont care, hopefully my first ALLVXLSRSHIT!

The Mk2 Cavalier was the second most disappointing I've ever driven, just pipped by the Mk1 Astra.

I could see that they were a great leap forward in many ways but they seemed to be a leap back in too many others.

It's good to see one now though.