xantia of many shiters

bub2006

Glad this is living on ..... Half expected it to end up as bean tins.

Pump has been turned down a bit so if you want the full chompy experience you can turn it up. As mentioned, it really drove like a petrol car with it turned up.

That grille took some finding, I don't know who ended up with the original one it came with, or the roof bars that Ruff provided for the car.  Moog, the pump got turned back up by Chompy when Bub brought it north, not as far as it was but certainly more than standard.

From memory, the grille comes off with two push-peg things on the slam panel and either a clip or a screw at each end behind the indicator.  There's a couple of slide pegs under the headlights too.  It was quite easy to swap the grilles over, it's not an involved job, .5 spanner rating.

Glad this is living on ..... Half expected it to end up as bean tins.

Pump has been turned down a bit so if you want the full chompy experience you can turn it up. As mentioned, it really drove like a petrol car with it turned up.

Not ended up as bean cans on my watch. I fetched it home and replaced tyre etc as if it hadn't gone this time I'd have just kept it.

That grille took some finding, I don't know who ended up with the original one it came with, or the roof bars that Ruff provided for the car. Moog, the pump got turned back up by Chompy when Bub brought it north, not as far as it was but certainly more than standard.

From memory, the grille comes off with two push-peg things on the slam panel and either a clip or a screw at each end behind the indicator. There's a couple of slide pegs under the headlights too. It was quite easy to swap the grilles over, it's not an involved job, .5 spanner rating.

Ah so not too tricky then! Sorry to possibly undo your work vulg, but TBH the clean grill has always been one of the things I never quite understood about this, even back in the day! Was looking at Xantia badges for the boot lid last night in bed...

If barret doesn't want the grille itll stay and be polished, but if itll provide more happiness to him, ill swap for a badged grill with no qualms! Itll only get covered in flies at 0710 on the m40 anyway!