xantia of many shiters

bub2006

You all know the car,now own it! Has a diesel leak from somewhere what I can't find and a dented wing after I kicked it when tyre blew out today. I will stick a part worn on for next lucky owner. I've had tracking done,track rod end,battery still under warranty new fuel filter etc. Ac doesn't work and central locking is French on the passenger door. Comes with hbol,papers and owners manual as well as two keys. Not till December. Needs gone asap. Owes me just under 500. Looking for 300 from shiters. New spheres, lhm flush and cambelt approx 20k ago. I've done nearly 10k since April.

heavy clutch

Hate to say I told you so.

Though to be fair Daz, you've stuck with it for a fair while now, and your regular journeys have probably changed a bit since you started work.

Maybe krujoe towers has space???

Not for me I'm afraid.

I'll mention it to Will, but he's up to his nuts in Nivas, and his BX front end still wants rebuilding.

Hate to say I told you so.

Though to be fair Daz, you've stuck with it for a fair while now, and your regular journeys have probably changed a bit since you started work.

Not for me I'm afraid.

I'll mention it to Will, but he's up to his nuts in Nivas, and his BX front end still wants rebuilding.

And I'd have stuck it out even longer if it wasn't for the comute. I'd have fixed it up etc. Mind you 9.5k since April and its never broke down bar fuel filter.

@Cav:  Chompy told me it was suspected leak off pipe, of which there are four, which can make it look like the car is leaking from everywhere when in fact it's just one small bit of pipe.

Don't forget, this car had a brand new clutch fitted last year too.  Shame you've fallen out of love with it so suddenly after enjoying so many miles in it over the last couple of months.

My old xantia had a heavy clutch and I had a bad knee. 'Onest 'Arry said he could sort it by drilling holes in the clutch.

He did it and it worked. Made a big difference. He reckoned that the Xantia clutches were so big the holes weren't going to cause it to break or owt.

I am sure this will have resulted in the death if several internet kittens.

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update. Leak I think is fixed. Looks like it was a split lhm hose and was wicking down the block, diesel smell was a leak off pipe on number 3. Wing cleaned so dent not as noticeable and tyre replaced. After it being parked at a friends for a few week it started straight away and I drove it back home. Trouble is its now ho.e so space is even worse than before with cars scattered around Derbyshire.