New IPB4 skin preview

daveb47

Is it possible to have a line/grid of side profiles (like that of Conrad's P6 in Skizzer's image) of AS (users?) cars with the AS logo over the top/in the middle?

something like this (example of structure): 

post-17391-0-81095200-1467567262_thumb.png

Not entirely convinced by the SD1 and XJS; Sierra Base and Regata might be closer to the truth, but a very pleasing graphic even so.

I hear you, Brother Ramrod.  Happy to do this (and the Council Estate) if people like this style.  I might also turn the BX into the blue estate AS bike.

Yeah, I wasn't saying leave the forum software alone - I know that needs updating.

It was the logo I was saying should be treated in the Autoshite way, which is to leave it alone whilst all around is being replaced and refreshed.

I really like the Skizzer one. 

Is it possible to do a few different ones, and call it as a script rather than a picture so it loads a random one out of a handful so you get different cars each time? 

How about this?

Cartoon_133_autoshitecom-header.png

http://www.toonacy.com/Cartoons/133

This is a .png file but the original is done with vector graphics so I can resize it, change the background colour, whatever.

Different cars (or colours) available on request.

maybe a puddle of oil under the bl chod and green blood under the bx?

OK, here's version 2.

I like the idea of changing it from time to time, so we can do refreshed versions with different cars and stuff when we get around to it.

DaveB - I'll send you over some files tomorrow, or you can just scrape this down (http://www.toonacy.com/thumbnails/2016/7/3/Cartoon_133_autoshitecom-header.png)

Okay, so let me get this right

What you mean is it looks same but the forum now starts every morning. Even if it's rained the night before?

I don't know if I trust that. You'll want to keep them jump leads, mark my words.

Fuel injection, psh. It'll never catch on. I know a bloke what bought himself one like that, 'ee ain't never had so much trouble before then. Yeah, another pint of bitter before I go home, landlord

Phil

Just sent this to Sherri at ibtheme.

Wih new logo sample attached.

Morning Sherri,
Wonder if you might want to have a quick read of this thread on my board where skin is being discussed.
http://autoshite.com/topic/25066-new-ipb4-skin-preview/
Comments made by members
1/ Can we somehow have the "shineyness" of the skin turned down a tad
2/ Yeah it looks a bit too 'new' and a bit American for me...
Think it needs to be a bit more retro, and the autoshite name is just plain wrong! It should be the current orange one, or autoshite in a muddy tyre print as if its the tread. And it should be rusty at the bottom or something...
3/ You might need to explain to the developer that the reason you are paying for a custom skin is that you don't want the board to look new and shiny. Normal people seem to find this a difficult concept to understand
Can you please do something with this logo/header on plain header as original forum

Maany Thanks
Mike

I deffo think it should feature the Sierra Base of ultimate shiteness and another vote for the SVM Council Estate

Is there enough room in there for the big yellow bus of much Shitefest wowness? Lol

OK, here's version 2.

I like the idea of changing it from time to time, so we can do refreshed versions with different cars and stuff when we get around to it.

DaveB - I'll send you over some files tomorrow, or you can just scrape this down (http://www.toonacy.com/thumbnails/2016/7/3/Cartoon_133_autoshitecom-header.png)

That looks the fucking tits

Is there enough room in there for the big yellow bus of much Shitefest wowness?

Yup, deffo in the pipeline. The Samara of much legend needs to feature too, and the beige wedge, and...and...I can see us having a few different versions and switching between them periodically.

Version 2 is BOB ON! Though Volvo 740 estates have higher rooflines than that if I'm being really twattish. And it appears I am. Sorry.

Or maybe they don't now I look at them. Hmmm. I think I need a lie down...

A teeny bit higher, I think. The Council Estate needs a bit of tweaking generally aft of the A-pillar - it's not quite giving me essence of Volvo yet.