1998 Citroen Xantia 2.1TD. 11/02/2017 Force hail.

robinmasters

Scenic: Gone. Sold with three day's MOT. I don't think it'll see the road again, not legally anyway.

ZX: MOT expires early October. I may be consulting James Brown for advice on what do with it.

Xantia: GOING STRONG.

The blower motor problem; I caused myself-I told my wife, daughter, and daughter's friend not to mention a certain issue in front of the car. They didn't, I it let slip, car heard, blower stopped working. I should know better than to upset a French car, they sulk.

After a week in France (drove about 1,000 miles), with no blower, we got home. The following day I thumped the blower motor. It started working again. I may still carry out 'relay mod'. For those not familiar with Xantias, for some reason Citroen decided that all of the many amps required to run the blower motor should run through the ignition switch; the ignition switch cannot cope, and fails.

BIG IMPROVEMENT. I've gone from this, useless waste of space:

IMAG2510_zpsbx6aezfu.jpg

To this, useful oddments storage area:

IMAG2511_zps4e1xufv4.jpg

(Many apologies for the inadvertent leg inclusion)

TBA: The secret I let slip to the Xantia was the fact I'm getting a company car. Obviously* by this means I will have time to spend fixing something incredibly impractical, which only needs to work once a month or so. Great. Nice. [/Jazz Club]

• 1 month later...

The end of an era.

IMAG2612_zps1gowdjrz.jpg

Six years and 50,000 miles. A sad day.

So that means we're down to one car, the Xantia, until my company car (a black TDi Audi, should I be admitting that here?) arrives later in the week.

Xantia troubles: suspension. It's going up and down. When idling, it goes up then ten seconds later goes down. Ten seconds later it does it again. Strange.

• 4 months later...

Got a text from the wife last week. 'Car broken'. And it was. Turns out the auxiliary belt had gone, which runs the steering pump. The wife sprained her shoulder wrestling it round a few corners, so was not best pleased.

Anyway, after putting it off for a while, I went and had a look at it today. The belt was taken out by a bit of loom rubbing against it. The conductors of some wires are exposed, but nothing seems to have stopped working. 

The tensioner (which is a bastard to get to incidentally) is borked. The hole to slacken it off has been rounded off. By me. 

TL:DR Wife has lost confidence in it, it's too broke for me to fix.

As a result, it's now for sale. It still drives, but obviously with very heavy steering. And it's not making any electric. MOT until 12/04/2017. Did a minor service when I got it, and changed the accumulator sphere-I think it could probably do with an LHM change at some point, but it's far from urgent. It does have a bit of rust in the usual places. Driver's side had a hole in the rear arch lip (but the door shut looks ok). Passenger side rear arch lip is partially metal, partially wob. 

Not sure what a fair price is; what's scrap value now, £100? 

It is located in Ashford, Kent. 

IMG_20170211_133352_zpsezccop1g.jpg

Chafed loom.

IMG_20170211_120956_zps7vvd4yo4.jpg

Passenger side rear arch:

IMG_20170211_133412_zpsbh814inl.jpg

Driver's side rear arch, OMGRUST:

IMG_20170211_133402_zps7odvhv8p.jpg