1998 Citroen Xantia 2.1TD. 11/02/2017 Force hail.

robinmasters

Vendor's house (I couldn't discretely take a picture):

Screenshot_2016-06-25-14-21-20_1_zpsw9qr

There was a second Xantia in the drive today, and another in the road. The one I bought appeared to be the best of the four!

It's a 2.1 TD DESIRE. I haven't noticed anything even remotely erotic about it yet though.

Air con, no sunroof. Electric Windows. Sensibly sized alloys. It's got the part-alcantara interior, which has worn through on the drivers seat (they all do that, sir), not sure how bad it is as I haven't taken the covers off yet. It's just had the cam belt and auxiliary belt changed, strut tops have been off and are fine, the only issue is the comedically bad 'repairs' to the rear arches. No sign of rust coming through on the door shuts though, so nothing to worry about. Came with a set of roof bars. 

My (poor) recollection of an HDi estate I had is that this drives fairly similarly, though this one is a lot tighter-the HDi had done many, many more miles. This has done 94k.

There was a 'possible sticking caliper' noise  the way home. None  the wheels were hot though. Just checked the wheel nuts, all ok apart from the  offside rear-all for weren't much more than finger tight. Didn't Vugalour have a similar issue when he bought the white one?

Also, stupid question-what does it mean if  red AND green lights are on  on  the immobiliser keypad, and it starts without a code? Valet mode, or fucked? If it's the latter, can I just change it?

Bin the keypad.

Embarrassingly, the 'two lights on at once' was either an optical illusion or a hallucination. Neither were on, which I only realised when carrying out the keypad removal procedure. It was already disconnected. Need to get a tray off a later one to replace the redundant keypad with.  Frustratingly, until a month or so ago I had one in the shed-threw it away-'I'll never have another Xantia'.

Had a go at the faded bumpers (and the mirrors, side trim and door handles) today with some engine oil. They weren't that bad, but ten minutes made a world of difference.

IMAG2183_zps0mcfh4qw.jpg