Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The third one in the container...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   nigel bickle

nigel bickle

• Full Members
  • 3,429 posts
  • Locationnear to Liege

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:32 AM

Well -sorted.
You may recall my recent purchase of an Isuzu bellet in Oz -that the vendor has kindly overhauled to ro-ro here.
Except -there arent any ro-ro's till at least Feb -seems the manufacturers have pre-booked ALL the space on every boat (times must be good down there!).
I then added an Fiat 124 estate to the mix -and discovered that a container became more 'viable' -the fuller it got.
So -I went after this Fiat 1500
http://i204.photobuc...fiat/18ba_0.jpg
but got out-sniped.
X'cept the 'buyer' then tried to negotiate- and I was just 'friendly' (got to be long distance -cos once they have your money....)
So -the deal has been done -inc shipment to the port, a new battery -a shed load of spares (inc engine/g'box etc) -all for less than the previous winning bid.
Aint aussies grand -look forward to it emerging chrysalis like -with 2 others next Spring.
Now all I have to work out is how to get 3 cars home in one go!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Barkas,Datsun 411s, U11sssFiat 850, 1100's,124, 127, Stradas, Croma,Regata,Coupes,Gaz's,Isuzu 117,Bellel,BellettFord Taunus,Transit p/up, Nissan Pintara,Pug J7,505, MussoRenault 4,5,9's,12's,18's,Fuegos,21,25, Safrane, Colorale,Fregate's,Caravelle,Seat Ibiza,Ronda, Simca Aronde, 1100, Standard's (various),<p>Zast 313, Zaz 968's

#2 OFFLINE   Mash

Mash

• Full Members
  • 2,444 posts
  • Location1985

Posted 03 December 2007 - 12:20 PM

You do have good taste in Italian styling Mr B - Fiats, 411s and a Bellett too. Great stuffAny piccies of the Bellett? I love these, it's a shame they weren't imported here.

#3 OFFLINE   wuvvum

wuvvum

• Full Members
  • 8,813 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 12:33 PM

Now all I have to work out is how to get 3 cars home in one go!

How about

Posted Image

with an A-frame on the back?

#4 OFFLINE   michiel

michiel

Must try harder

• Full Members
  • 4,112 posts
  • LocationLes Pays Bah

Posted 03 December 2007 - 01:06 PM

Wow. Another excellent purchase!Has that Dutch guy been in touch yet?

#5 OFFLINE   nigel bickle

nigel bickle

• Full Members
  • 3,429 posts
  • Locationnear to Liege

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:16 PM

Wuvvum -thats why I keep hunting for a period beavertail at a sensible price -and still watching that French Trannie. Got my mates -en France -involved asking all those difficult questions -seems Ok so far...If I win it -its going to transported to Alencon whhere they'll get it running etc -and have 'free' use till I get over -probably in the Spring.But it still wont be early enough for this trio.Michiel -not a peep. If you can pm me his details -I'll contact him.
Barkas,Datsun 411s, U11sssFiat 850, 1100's,124, 127, Stradas, Croma,Regata,Coupes,Gaz's,Isuzu 117,Bellel,BellettFord Taunus,Transit p/up, Nissan Pintara,Pug J7,505, MussoRenault 4,5,9's,12's,18's,Fuegos,21,25, Safrane, Colorale,Fregate's,Caravelle,Seat Ibiza,Ronda, Simca Aronde, 1100, Standard's (various),<p>Zast 313, Zaz 968's

#6 OFFLINE   docker

docker

Rank Austin Metro

• Full Members
  • 17 posts
  • Locationlondon

Posted 03 December 2007 - 07:13 PM

Well done on fillling your container - load any gaps with bottles of good aust red!

#7 OFFLINE   Ratdat

Ratdat

• Full Members
  • 2,770 posts
  • LocationLincolnshire

Posted 03 December 2007 - 07:59 PM

Nigel, where abouts are your cars getting shipped from in Oz?

#8 OFFLINE   nigel bickle

nigel bickle

• Full Members
  • 3,429 posts
  • Locationnear to Liege

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:12 AM

Melbourne -mate. Why?

#9 OFFLINE   MrRegieRitmo

MrRegieRitmo

• Full Members
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationS Coast England

Posted 07 December 2007 - 10:38 PM

I take it nothing came of that snazzy looking Goelette in period livery?

#10 OFFLINE   Ratdat

Ratdat

• Full Members
  • 2,770 posts
  • LocationLincolnshire

Posted 07 December 2007 - 10:50 PM

Melbourne -mate. Why?

Just wondered. I sat and watched an auction for a lovely Cedric hardtop in Sydney end for a stupidly tiny amount the other day and it started making me think about importing something.

#11 OFFLINE   nigel bickle

nigel bickle

• Full Members
  • 3,429 posts
  • Locationnear to Liege

Posted 08 December 2007 - 05:49 PM

Reg nope -but I have bought a mk1 Transit beavertail down in the Alps.Eddie -why not -the exchange rate is good -the people are truly helpful -only downside I can see at pres is the bloody shipping.No Ro-ro (anywhere -by anyone-I've tried every shipper going...)before the end of Feb- IF I BOOK NOW! Cant do that -cos what I now own wont wait that long -and I cant book a car I dont even know exists. Containering 1 car goes from £995 to around £1500 -so thats a no-no. Only route I could find was 3 in a container -£2700 plus £600 handling fee -about £1100 each -but I can fill the container up with parts -which I am doing!I hope their booming economies in the southern hemisphere will slow a bit -so i can get a few more rust-free motors over! There are some truly nice cars out there...

#12 OFFLINE   Ratdat

Ratdat

• Full Members
  • 2,770 posts
  • LocationLincolnshire

Posted 08 December 2007 - 05:59 PM

This was the Cedric I was drooling over HERE. Cheap or what!I'd love to get hold of all the bits to convert my 312 back to column shift and bench seat but I suspect it'd be easier just to buy a whole car for spares than to source the bits and get them removed and delivered. 312's don't pop up on ebay all that often though.

#13 OFFLINE   Ratdat

Ratdat

• Full Members
  • 2,770 posts
  • LocationLincolnshire

Posted 08 December 2007 - 06:13 PM

Nigel, if you're shipping a container, do you think I could get a couple of rear quarters shipped back here for my pickup? Have you actually got a container organised yet? I've got no issues paying to have quarters shipped here, just nobody who sells them wants to do it but I could probably get them shipped within Oz. Just a thought. It'd help me no end with my pickup project.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users