Removing Disklok from steering wheel

Station

I bought a Disklok a few years ago.

Typically, ive gone and fucking well lost the fucking key. No I dont have the ID tag to order a new key.

Car has been sat for nearly four weeks as i have no hope in getting it off.

Are there any weak points on these bastard things so i can drive me car again?

I was a bit of a whizz lockpicker in my day but i cant fathom the lock in this thing (ive tried ).

Can you get to the rear of the steering wheel and use a grinder to cut the steering wheel spokes?

I think the locks are anti-drill and the thing itself is reinforced, but the steering wheel isn't - bonus if the airbag goes off, too.

Thieves used to beat the ones that were just a bar by sawing through the wheel.

The Disklok has a very advanced anti-pick/drill lock.

I'd contact Disklok themselves as my first port of call. I remember when I bought one they had a lost key helpline, not sure if they can help in your case but it's got to be worth a try. If they can't get it off, I'm sure they'll be able to recommend a locksmith who can.

http://www.disklokuk.co.uk/contact/

Lock is hardened, you cant drill it out, these things really are tough muthas.

I have bent part of the top away with a big crowbar and can see the latch. If the car was anywhere near my house id angle grinder it off.

Distance in no trouble with one if these. http://www.screwfix.com/p/erbauer-eri662grd-4-li-ion-cordless-angle-grinder-18v-bare/5037J?kpid=5037J&cm_mmc=Google-_-Product%20Listing%20Ads-_-Sales%20Tracking-_-sales%20tracking%20url&cm_mmc=Google-_-Shopping%20-%20Tools-_-Shopping%20-%20Tools-_-all\tools\angle%20grinders\erbauer_dac571a5-3d67-4756-bd6e-0a7a2ca30f59&gclid=Cj0KEQjws_m6BRCv37WbtNmJs-IBEiQAWKKt0M_HpilhLjq1cFIN0dg67yuLqz1jmLoWl6EAi3woBZwaApfV8P8HAQ

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

cereal-guy.jpg

Wow thats good value for a cordle ...

http://www.screwfix.com/p/erbauer-eri660bat-18v-4-0ah-li-ion-battery/2626j

276162_Papel-de-Parede-Meme-Cereal-Guy-C

Is this really a good discussion to be having on an open forum?

I doubt car thieves are swarming around autoshite at the moment discovering gems such as 'drill out the hardened lock'.

How tight is it on?  mine slips round quite easy. will yours slip round far enough toward the passenger side to get a drill down the button/barrel?

The lock slips easily round the wheel - i actually drove round the corner using the spokes but wouldnt chance the main road.

Has it got one of those barrel locks?

No, it's more like an Abus lock key (as used on motorbike D-locks) but with more exaggerated features. 

I personally wouldn't fuck about with it if you don't know what you are doing, call a decent locksmith, yes I realise it'll cost but if you bugger it up then chances are a pro won't be able to save you so you'll be reduced to the angle-grinder route which will get messy. 

IIRC these locks were one of the very few that defeated pro car thieves some years back (that's why I've got one on my GTi !!!). 

Might be a waste of a fiver, but have you considered one of these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pocket-Heavy-Duty-Wire-Saw-Ideal-For-Commando-Survival-Bush-craft-Shelter-Making-/251236474495?hash=item3a7edc5e7f:g:66YAAOxyu1BTkD6g

If there is movement on the disclok itself, you might be able to slip this round the wheel underneath the diskloc.

Two cuts to remove the top half of the wheel, which should hopefully give you enough room to slide the disklok away from below

Obviously you'd then need a new steering wheel, or have to impersonate Michael Knight.